Chapter 57

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

I walked into school the next day with a smile on my face. Although I wasn't with Taehyung, I was still happy that I knew what happened. It felt like there was a weight pulled off of my shoulders, and I liked that.

Jisung had quit being mad with me, which left me surprised that he hadn't started holding a grudge. All we had really done was gotten frustrated with each other, but he held a grudge against Jiyeon and BTS for who knows how long. 

"You okay, Jihee?" Sora asked. 

"Yup." I replied. It was still a bit frustrating to deal with making a choice, but I was still happy. The worst part was over, and it felt good.

"Jihee!" I turned around to see Taehyung separate from Bangtan and run over to me from down the school's hallway.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi, what's up?" He replied. I could tell that he wanted to ask me if I had decided yet, but didn't want to ask. He just had a desperate look in his eyes, and I felt sorry that I couldn't answer his question. 

"Not much, how about you?" I asked.

"Same here." Taehyung replied. 

"I gotta go to my locker, so I'll see you later." I said, and Sora and I walked off. 

• • •

At lunch, I sat with Bangtan again. They all cheered as I sat down, knowing that I was here to stay. They all were glad that it was over, but in my mind I knew that it really wasn't yet, at least until I gave Taehyung my answer. I was scared that I would say no and make him disappointed and upset, but scared that if I say yes he'll be so happy and then I'll want to break up because I didn't feel the same way, but end up making him upset that it didn't work out. I'm sure that he'll respect whatever I choose, but I don't want him to feel upset that he did something wrong if it doesn't work out how he thought it would.

The truth is, I just don't know how I feel. If I say yes today, I might want to say no tomorrow. I don't want to give him an answer that I'll regret, so I need more time to think it over. 

Later, I went to my locker to get my bag at the end of the day, and the hallways were starting to empty out. I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and when I turned around I realized that it was Jungkook.

"Oh, hey Kookie, what's up?" I asked.

"Can I ask you something?" He said, and I nodded. I closed my locker, and I followed him to a place under one of the staircases. There was no one there, and I was guessing this was a private question.

"So what did you want to ask me?" I asked.

"Um... I noticed that V was waiting for your response... and I can see that he wants to ask if you've made a decision yet, but he doesn't want to do it. So did you make a decision yet?" Jungkook asked awkwardly.

"Oh... honestly, I don't even know..." I replied. I wasn't aware that they knew he asked me again, but why wouldn't they? "I want to say one thing, but I want to say something else... and I just can't choose. This is crazy..."

"Yeah, I get it, it must be hard. But I was just wondering for him, because he seems really excited and nervous at the same time to find out, so I wanted to see what you thought about it." Jungkook replied. "Oh, and also... you know about the, um... thing..."

"That you liked me? Yeah... but don't worry, it's fine, you don't have to be embarrassed or anything." I said, interrupting his mumbling.

His face turned bright red. "Oh, ok... I wasn't sure." He replied.