Chapter 26

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

I entered Taehyung's house after he opened the door, and as usual, it was empty. He was the only one there, and with a biggish house, it made it seem even quieter. I was still shocked at the fact that I managed to lie about going to Sora's house to Jisung when I would really be going here.

"Do you want hot chocolate?" Tae asked.

"Sure, why not." I said, walking over to the couch and sitting down. "You always offer hot chocolate, you must like it a lot..."

"Totally. It tastes good, and sometimes it adds that one special touch to a special moment." Tae said with a smile before entering the kitchen.

While I waited in the living room, I looked around, examining everything out of boredom. I noticed a small picture frame with Tae and what seemed to be his parents. He hasn't ever told me much about them except for the fact that they're always on business trips.

A few minutes later, Tae returned and handed me a mug filled with hot chocolate. The heat of the mug warmed my hands.

"Hey, do you miss your parents when they aren't around?" I asked.

Tae sat down next to me on the couch. "Sort of... I don't see them as much as I did when I was younger, because before I would stay with my aunt and they would come back more frequently. We aren't as close as we used to be..." Tae started. "Sometimes I wish they were here, but then when they come back, they try and get involved into my life as if they were there the whole time, but they weren't, you know?"

I nodded.

"They don't usually call and ask me about my life when they aren't here, and then once they come back, it seems like they try and get involved. Why do they only seem to care when they're here, and not when they're away? And when that happens... I usually just wish that they'll leave. They'll stay for a few weeks, maybe a month, and then leave just like I wanted, but then I'm alone again for a month or two." Tae explained.

I took a small sip of my hot chocolate, as it had now cooled off a little bit. "I guess we both have pretty messed up lives... just in different ways." I mentioned.

"Let's move off of this topic..." Tae said. I agreed, it was getting a bit awkward at this point.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

Tae thought about it for a second, before an idea seemed to pop into his head. "Do you play video games?" He asked.

"I've played a few, but I'm not too much of a gamer..." I replied.

"Then let's play Mario Kart! It's easy, and fun." Tae said, placing down his mug onto the side table.

I hadn't played it before, but why not? Tae put the game into the console, and handed me a remote. We picked our characters and cars, and started playing. I was really bad at it, and came in last place pretty much every round. Tae wasn't the best, but he was getting 6th and 5th place for the most part.

After we played a few rounds, we both knew that I definitely sucked at the game. "Maybe we can try a team round, and we'll work together. Then maybe you won't lose every single round." Tae suggested.

I nodded, hoping that we wouldn't lose.

Before the race started, Tae looked at me. "Are you ready to win?" He asked.