Chapter 42

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

I walked upstairs and to Jisung's room. I quietly knocked, and a small "Come in" was heard from the other side.

After entering, I saw Jisung staring at me. "What do you want?" He asked.

"I wanted to ask you something." I said. "And you've gotta be comepletely honest about it."

He hesitated for a second. "Sure, what is it?"

"I want to know why you hate Jiyeon." I blurted out.

Jisung seemed to flinch as I said that. "I don't hate her."

"Oppa, don't lie to me. I can tell that you hate her, just tell me why." I argued.

Jisung sighed heavily. "Then sit down. I don't hate Jiyeon, but it's a long story that you should know."

I sat down on the bed next to him, and I could tell that this was going to be interesting. 

"So, this story's not only going to explain that, but it's also gonna explain something else..." Jisung started. 

"Like what?" I asked.

"You'll figure it out, and I'll tell you when I get there. And please don't interrupt, it'll only take longer." Jisung said.

I nodded, and he continued.

"So a while ago... how do I even say this..." Jisung started again. "Basically, Jiyeon is only our half sister."

"WHAT?" I yelled. 

"Shh, keep it down! I don't want anyone to hear us, especially her!" Jisung whispered. "And yeah, it's true."

"Apparently, eomma cheated on appa, and had sex with some other guy... that lead to Jiyeon. And I guess they decided that they would act like she was appa's daughter, when she really wasn't." Jisung explained. I nodded, and started to wonder how he knew about this when I wasn't informed at all. And how could he talk about eomma and appa so easily, as if nothing had happened to either of them?

"We were supposed to go through our daily lives without knowing... but obviously, that didn't work out too well." Jisung continued. "And then one day, I overheard eomma and appa talking about it. I was little at the time, but still old enough to slightly understand what had happened. I decided to keep it to myself, but soon I figured out more about the situation."

What more was there to the story? Eomma cheated, Jiyeon was only our half-sister... makes sense.

"So... after appa found out that eomma cheated, he got really angry. Like, REALLY angry. And before that, there was no fighting. I'm not sure if you were old enough to remember, but before Jiyeon, there wasn't any fighting. And I guess that appa got so mad, that he started to form a hatred for eomma... that must have lead to the constant fighting. I guess eomma didn't think that cheating was really a bad thing, when appa was totally against it." Jisung explained.

My mouth dropped wide open. Eomma cheated, but she didn't deserve any of that! But now that I think about it, appa did always say that he hated cheating... 

"I'm surprised they never got divorced, but what I'm guessing is that they only stayed together because of us two. Otherwise, I think the situation would be very different." He continued. "But now the next part of the story. I found out about the truth not too long after Jiyeon was born, maybe a few weeks after? I'm not sure, but I was little. And I figured that the fighting would stop soon, but it didn't."

"I started to get mad that the fighting was over a child, and it seemed ridiculous to me. Why would you hurt the woman you loved because she cheated? He could have hurt her emotionally over getting a divorce or something, but I can't even imagine how someone could hurt someone like that physically. And I was so angry... I needed somewhere to vent that anger."