|57|: This Is All My Fault

Evan looked at Chase as she looked back at him, she sighed softly pulling down her mask as she pushed past all her fear and grabbed Evan by the shirt and slammed her lips onto his, the surge of electricity breaking instantly as their lips moved in sync.

Cameron and Logan stared at the barrier as it had shattered like glass and broke, vanishing within seconds as Chase and Evan stood powerfully together, before the chains broke open releasing Evan as he caught Chase from falling, their kiss breaking short.

He stared into her eyes as she breathed out softly, "Chase." He whispered as they both stared at each other in awe.

"Evan." She responded in the same tone as they both moved away from each other.

Just then, Avery and Georgia had entered the place as Avery caught sight of the minion on the floor as he picked up the glass shard ready to slam it into Chase.

"Chase!" It was all in slow motion as Avery ran, Chase turned around to see the glass being smashed into Avery as her breaths became short, slowly holding her stomach as she slowly fell.

"Avery!" Chase caught Avery in her arms.

Tears falling down from Avery's eyes in pain, as she swallowed painfully, the minion getting up and running away only to be stopped by Logan and Cameron as Memphis rushed towards Chase and Avery, Destroy fleeing from the place.

"A-Avery!" Georgia called her best friend's name, rubbing her hands together.

"Call an ambulance please!" Georgia yelled as Cameron was on it.

"Avery!" Chase called as Avery smiled weakly. "Wh-why'd you do that?" Chase asked her worriedly.

"You're - you're my friend." Avery coughed out blood as Chase's heart started beating faster by the minute.

"Avery! You're going to be alright." Georgia assured as Avery smiled at her beloved best friend.

"Take care, Georgia." Georgia shook her head as tears fell uncontrollably down her face.

Avery was having trouble to keep her eyes open as Chase looked down at the wound, the blood oozed out of her stomach as Chase and Georgia placed pressure on to the wound; Chase's hand stained with Avery's blood.

"Hey, hey! Stay with me, okay?" Chase frantically spoke as she placed a hand on her cheek, blood smeared on this hand as Avery smiled weakly,

"I'm sorry, Chase." Chase shook her head.

"No, Avery, don't apologise. Please stay with me." Chase licked her rosy lips as she stared at Avery with a hurt look. "Please don't go." She quietly whispered as Avery closed her eyes passing out.

"Where's the ambulance!" Georgia yelled as they had arrived within minutes taking Avery away.

Chase felt numb as she swallowed the dry lump in the back of her throat, all of them heading towards the hospital. Avery was rushed to the A&E department as she was getting operated on automatically.

Chase sat down on the chair with her hands stained with blood, the white bandaged turned to red as Chase buried her head in her hands.

"This is all my fault." Chase stood up as she shook her head. "I was supposed to protect her." Memphis shook her head.

"It's not your fault, Chase-."

"Yes, it is, Memphis! If I hadn't been slow, Avery wouldn't be in this mess." Chase shook her head.

"Don't you get it. She risked her life for me? Me! I'm a villain, she's a mortal. She shouldn't have had to go through that!" Chase shouted as Memphis swallowed.

"I should've protected her." Her voice had become more quieter. "It's all my fault." Chase blamed herself.

"Don't blame yourself, Chase." Evan comfortingly spoke.

"He's right, it's not your fault. It's that curly freaks fault." Cameron stated as Logan nodded his head.

"You have no right to blame yourself. That freak will be punished, I assure you of that." Logan answered, no matter how many assurances she got, Chase's heart felt broken and pained as she knew this wouldn't have happened if Chase hadn't been slow.

The doctor came outside as everyone rushed towards him.

"How is she, Doctor?" Georgia asked, hoping.

"She's in a critical condition. She's fighting for her life, right now." He painfully answered before moving into the operation theatre once again.

Georgia's heart cracked as soon as she'd heard those words, Chase swallowed as she moved herself outside.

"Chase, Chase! Where are you going?" Memphis yelled as Chase didn't hear and left.

"I'm afraid she will do something she regrets." Memphis worriedly stated.

"I'll go after her." Evan spoke as he rushed off as Chase walked out of the hospital and started wallking for who knows how long. She'd lost all emotions, the little emotions she had left were gone, she was completely numb.

She was horrified over the turn of events. Destroy was a terrible person, she'd heard horrible tales about him but she never knew he was this low. She shook her head, as she felt someone grab her arm.

"Chase." She heard a voice say as she looked up at Evan. He looked down at her with furrowed brows slightly curious but mostly concerned.

There were tears streaming down those beautiful grey eyes of hers. Her eyes turned bloodshot, for the very first time she had cried this much feeing so much remorse.

Evan's lips parted slightly as he noticed how much this affected her. The tears fell down her eyes as Evan engulfed her in his embrace. Chase's tears fell as she let out those emotions, those emotions she'd trapped for a very long time. Evan rubbed her back comfortingly as Chase couldn't control these tears of hers.

"It's not your fault, Chase." He stroked her hair as she shook her head.

"It's all my fault. She wouldn't even be in this mess, if she hadn't tried to save me." She cried harder as Evan licked his lips and tried to calm her down.

She pulled back slowly, as Evan looked at her, "it's not your fault, you wanna know why?" She looked at him with those red eyes of hers.

"You're not the person that caused this to happen to Avery." She continued to look at him sniffling. "You weren't the one that brought Avery into this fight."

"It was that moron that forced the shard of glass into her." Evan stepped a little bit closer to Chase as he wiped a stray tear away from her cheek with his index finger, he glanced at it.

"No one looks pretty crying." He stared at her. "Especially you." Her heart started beating faster than usual as she looked away.

"Don't blame yourself for that pathetic rag doll. You didn't intend for this to happen. I promise you, Avery will be fine." Evan's words sounded so assuring that Chase had nodded slowly.

"We will get Destroy and take him down." Evan averted his eyes to Chase's hand as he collected it in his own.

"I promise you that." She saw the confidence and the truth in his eyes.