|64|: Late Night Trip

This chapter is dedicated to HermyneKhaling , your book Xavier's Confession is amazing! Plus your comments made me smile. Thank you, for that.

*

Xavier was right, after all, Destroy was capable of doing something like this. It wouldn't be hard for him to pull it off, all alone. If he had Hyde and Floyd somehow wrapped around his fingers, it was a possibility that he could have the rest somehow trapped.

"Who is Destroy and what is the actual reason behind this act?" Chase asked to no one in particular.

"Whoever he is, he has to be taken down. He's giving villains a bad name, well worse than usual." Xavier shrugged trying to make his point.

"Well we know for a fact that he's going with this Acid villain's plot. Unoriginal." Hunter spoke as he scoffed at the last part.

"True, but what's the story of this Acid character?"

"Er," Hunter lifted up the comic book and started scanning through the words. "Seems like he used to be a superhero previously, but he had rolled over and lost track ending up as a villain not receiving the real respect he would've had when he was a superhero."

"Over a course of time, he worked his way to the top and started treating villains like trash and pushed them to the core, avenging himself."

"Wow, if he's not a lunatic I'll be surprised." Xavier shook his head.

Hunter turned to the laptop as he started typing away on the Internet as there were over a hundred thousand searches,  but the top results held some piece of information.

Hunter clicked rapidly as he dug up dirt on the Acid character.

"Acid, or known as Dr Toly Brundt is the fictional super villain who took over comic books in the late 90's but early 2000's. The wild popularity of this character scared most children with his horrific acts and was the villain of the town. He was truly expressed as 'Darth Vader's Father'." Hunter read off.

"Over the course of the years, Acid had taken children and adults by a storm with his cruel ways and was labelled as the harshest villain in society. Later onwards, they scrapped Acid as there were superheroes and villains taking over the streets and Acid was truly forgotten about." Hunter slowly ended.

"Who was the creator of this villain?" Xavier asked suddenly.

"Uhm." He scrolled down before finding a name. "A. B Hopkins."

"A. B Hopkins? Who's that?" Chase asked confused.

"Wait." Both eyes looked up at sync at Hunter. "Do you remember Mrs Maelstrom? She used to read to us all the time. Books of all genres, fantasy and horror."

"I remember that teacher. She used to praise Xavier's eyes all the time." Chase reminisced a small smile playing at her lips.

"She'd read to us books like Detective Blue. Jungle Identity." Chase named.

"Illinois' Secrets, Rich's Day Out."

"Fresh from the air. All written by the same author." Xavier remembered.

"A. B Hopkins." All three answered simultaneously.

"Is he alive?" Xavier asked slowly.

Hunter started searching as he nodded his head. "Yeah, he lives half an hour away from here."

"Looks like we're going on a late night trip." Xavier settled as everyone made their way towards the car.

Chase sat at the back with Hunter and Xavier at the front, both looking serious. Chase noticed that both of these boys had changed drastically, their style, their looks — everything.

She was deep in her own thoughts that she didn't realise that Xavier called out her name.

"Dianna!" She shook her head as she looked at him.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said, what happened to you?" He asked her as she looked confused.

"Your knuckles. I noticed it when we saw each other in the meeting place." Chase looked at her knuckles and remembered the turn of events that had happened yesterday.

She had to go to work today or else that fill-in boy would've ruined most of the callers by his poorly attitude towards them. Plus, Chase enjoyed listening to people's calls, most of them amused her, such as Avery.

"Oh, I uh." She stammered as she scratched her brow. "This girl got hurt because she tried to save me."

"Mortal?" Xavier asked as Chase nodded her head.

"She slipped into a coma, but miraculously she's out of that state." She breathed out softly. "I beat up the guy that did this to her." She looked at her knuckles the vibration she felt from the punches and the damage she did to Floyd.

"Who was it?" Hunter asked.

"Floyd."

"That dainty thief?" Hunter asked shocked.

"Yep." She nodded her head.

"Well, serves him right for messing with a mortal like that." Hunter nodded his head.

"He was working with Destroy." She added as both guys turned to each other before Xavier looked at his front mirror and Hunter turned around.

"What!" They simultaneously yelled.

"Yeah, this is why my knuckle are like this." She nodded her head. "Memphis, the special ones and Avery's best friend were present when it happened."

"Tell us the full story. Now." Xavier demanded as Chase relayed the story of how Memphis and Chase tried to save Evan, Cameron and Logan but had to battle the minions. Avery took the risk of saving Chase as the glass penetrated into her, ending her up in the hospital.

How Destroy was the mastermind of this plan, Hyde had been taken away and Floyd being the 'helper' in this.

"This son of a gun is even more evil than we knew of." Xavier punched the steering wheel.

"If he's also targeting mortals this could mean very bad news." Hunter added as he shook his head.

Both boys looked tensed and agitated by this as Chase noticed.

"Don't worry, Memphis gave Destroy some good hits, so it'll take some time for him to heal." Both of them breathed out as Xavier spoke.

"Destroy, needs to be found. Quickly. Or else, he will do something that will get out of hand."

"He could potentially take away something that means to you. Avery for instance. She means something to you, right?" Hunter asked as Chase kept silent for a few seconds.

"I-I." She kept mum. "I don't know."

Xavier chuckled lightly.

"You're still the same, you can't express how you feel."