Godzilla Raids Again Discussion

Ok... so Godzilla Raids again. This one is definitely on the lower end for me when it comes to Godzilla movies. It looks cheap but not in that charming way like some of the other Godzilla movies. The characters aren't interesting enough to follow. The Godzilla suit looks worse than in the first movie and also The movie just feels rushed and it's not one that I really enjoy rewatching. (But, if I had to rewatch it be sure that it's the Japanese and not the American version).

There are a few things that I enjoy about it though. The music (like in every Godzilla movie is pretty good). Masaru Sato did the music for it instead of Akira Ifukube and he would go on later go on to do the music for some other Godzilla movies.

This is also the first time that Godzilla would fight another giant monster. This time it's Anguires. Who would eventually become one of Godzilla's closest allies. The fight between them is pretty brutal but it's not one of Godzilla's best. But, I'll let you be the judge of that. (See below).

The finale can be kind of fun with the military not killing Godzilla but instead they just went ahead and froze him. It was a good way to leave the door open for a sequel without killing any chances.

In the US the movie was retitled Gigantis the fire monster and the dub is pretty bad. One of the lines spoken is "oh banana oil" The only thing I get a kick out of is that George Takai is doing the dubbing.

But, yeah as you can tell by how short this post is I don't really enjoy talking about this movie that much. The first film is a masterpiece and this one kind of sucks. But, it's still Godzilla so I can find some enjoyment in it. Be sure to leave a comment below letting me know what you think of the movie and we can continue to talk about Godzilla Raids Again.

A/N: Also be sure to stay tuned as I'll soon be discussing King Kong vs. Godzilla.