King Kong vs Godzilla (1962) Discussion

Ok here we go. It's now time to discuss one of the most entertaining monster mashes of all time King Kong vs. Godzilla. This movie is just plain cheesy fun and I just eat it all up. There's a lot to make fun of but it still brings me nothing but joy.

Ishiro Honda came back to direct this movie and once again Akira Ifukube returns to do the score. For the US release Akira's score was mostly replaced with some of the music from other universal horror films such as the Creature from the black Lagoon. I mean it kind of sucks that it got replaced but at the same time at least it was replaced with some awesome universal monsters music. The only theme that kind of remains is the song the islanders sing to Kong in the movie.

So basically with this movie the plot centers around a crew that goes to faro island where Kong is at and they bring him to the mainland to boost tv ratings at the request of Mr Tako.

I love the character of Mr. TAKO. This guy is great. Here's one of my favorite parts.

Anyways, while that crew searches for Kong we have Godzilla coming out of the ice in a pretty badass scene.

I really like the design of Godzilla's suit in this one. It's a major improvement over Godzilla Raids Again and I'm surprised they never utilized it after this..

If I had some nitpicking about this movie though I would say that Kong's design is pretty awful. I mean it's not as bad as let's say King Kong Escapes. But it's not a very good looking design.

As far as the battles go in this movie we have the part where Kong fights an octopus and apparently after filming the sequence with the octopus the crew had it for dinner. 😦 Well that's neat....

The fight scene between Godzilla and Kong is one of the best in the Showa series. Kong fires electricity out of his hands. (How an ape conducts electricity I have no idea, I guess it's because in the original script it was supposed feature Frankenstein and they just kept it over). Either way It's pretty awesome.

Anyways, I kind of just wanted to get this chapter out of the way. I'll discuss more about it in the comments below. I can't wait for 2020 when we get to see these 2 Titans clash once more on the big screen! It's going to be epic! So yeah let me know in the comments below what you thought about King Kong vs. Godzilla and I'll be back soon.

A/N: I'll update the next part sometime this week. I got plenty to say about the next movie.