Godzilla (2014) Discussion

Well here we are once again to talk some more Godzilla! This time it's American made and with Legendary Pictures and it is officially the start of the Monsterverse!

Well here we are once again to talk some more Godzilla! This time it's American made and with Legendary Pictures  and it is officially the start of the Monsterverse!

Unlike Godzilla 1998 this movie is actually good. I've rewatched this one several times. I still have some issues with it but, overall I think it's one of the best Godzilla films ever made. I think that with just a few tweaks this could have been so much better. But, still i think it's a great time.

Plot: The movie opens up in 1999 as Dr

Plot: The movie opens up in 1999 as Dr. Serizawa and the organization known as Monarch begin investigating some stuff in the Philippines. Then the creature (known as the MUTO (Massive. Unidentified Terrestrial Organism) makes its way to Janjira Japan where there's a nuclear reactor. It is the. Where we are introduced to the Brody family. (Our leads in the movie). First, you have Joe Brody who is played by Bryan Cranston. (He's awesome in the movie and is by far the best actor). His wife Sandra and their son Ford. Then in a really tragic scene the MUTO destroys the reactor and Joe is forced to seal his wife in it. Like I said the acting by Cranston here is fantastic and after the first 15 minutes this movie is on fire with how good it is.

Then 15 years later we see that Ford (played by Aaron Taylor Johnson) is all grown up and has a wife and kid. What's funny about this is that Elizabeth Olsen plays his wife in this movie and in the next movie they did together (Avengers: Age of Ultron) they play brother and sister. I'm not sure why I brought that up. It's just something I noticed. But, anyways so Ford is enjoying his time when he goes back to Japan after his dad got arrested. You see in the years since his wife died Joe has become some sort of conspiracy theorist and this leads the two of them to go back into the quarantine zone so he can prove that what happened to his wife was not a natural disaster. Soon they realize that it's all a cover up by monarch and that they're hiding something.