Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah (1991) Discussion

Hey everyone and welcome back to another edition of my Godzilla Discussion page. In today's chapter we're going to be taking a look at my favorite Godzilla movie in the second series. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah!

This one is great. It's got great action, a unique storyline involving time travel, it can be very funny, and it brings back King Ghidorah which is awesome! Not to mention Godzilla is a badass in this one.

Plot: When people from the future (they are known as the futurians) arrive in a "UFO" they come back to warn Japan about how Godzilla will destroy the Country in the future. So the people from Japan agree to travel with them back in time to erase Godzilla from existing. But, then it turns out that the people from the future are evil and when the people went back in time to stop Godzilla from being born it may have "erased" that Godzilla from existing but by accidentally doing so they created King Ghidorah and now they need Godzilla to stop it and yeah it's a lot of explaining to do.

The Birth of Godzilla:
In this movie we learn that Godzilla was once a dinosaur known as a Godzillasaurus who saved the Japanese from an American attack back in WW2.

That line always cracks me up. Anyways the dinosaur on Lagos Island would eventually mutate into Godzilla. However the futurians would travel back in time and would move Godzilla to a different location thereby preventing him from existing. However, in Godzilla's place the futurians placed these 3 little adorable things called dorats which would get hit by the nuke mutating it into King Ghidorah who the futurians control.

So with King Ghidorah under their control the humans come to the conclusion that the only way to stop it is with Godzilla. (Which is the problem they were trying to stop in the first place). It's basically an endless cycle. So when the humans go to create a new Godzilla to stop King Ghidorah it turns out that he wasn't there because you see Godzilla already existed. In this movie the they didn't create the Godzilla from 1954 but rather the Godzilla from 1984. But, this time he was created with modern nuclear weapons. Hence why he's much bigger and meaner looking then ever before

The Futurians
As far as the human villains go they are serviceable. They have a robot on their side known as M-11 and the scenes with him crack me up. Especially in the way he moves.

Anyways so Godzilla gets into battle with King Ghidorah and he kicks his ass and destroys the Futurians in the process. So the good news is that King Ghidorah is gone. But, the bad news is that Godzilla is back and the only thing that can stop him was King Ghidorah. It's a never ending cycle that Japan just can't seem to win. So one of the characters decides to go to the future to help repair king Ghidorah so that it can fight Godzilla. But, before that we get one of my favorite scenes in the movie where a WW2 army veteran named Shindo who thanked Godzilla for saving his life back in WW2 confronts him and just watch......

Hahahahah this scene is both emotional and so funny at the same time. I just love it so much. 10/10 lol all the way. It's great.

Anyways, soon Godzilla fights the newly upgraded King Ghidorah. Now known as Mecha King Ghidorah and the two of them have an epic battle which is my personal favorite fight in the second series.

Soon afterwards Godzilla is seemingly defeated for the moment until he decides to attack Japan again in the next movie. Now, with all that said I love this movie. Easily in my top 5 favorites in the entire series. The plot is interesting, it's got great music, action, and it can be pretty funny and cheesy. It has all the things you can want in a Godzilla movie and is definitely worth checking out if your a fan. So with all that said let me know in the comments below about what you thought about this entry in the series. Is it one of your favorites? Let me know and we can continue to discuss the movie further. Anyways, until next time thanks for reading and have a nice day!