Godzilla Vs. Hedorah Discussion

Hey everyone and welcome back to another Godzilla movie Discussion! In today's update we're going to talk about what I consider to be the weirdest film In the Godzilla series and that is Godzilla vs the Smog Monster. Also known as Godzilla vs Hedorah.

Directed by  Yoshimitsu Banno this film is a very interesting one to talk about because even to this day I don't know what to think of it. Is it a good film? Is it a bad film!?  I honestly don't know. This movie is just so fucking crazy that I can't think straight when talking about it.

Plot: in this one Godzilla fights the monster known as Hedorah which is monster that was created by pollution. So yeah this movie has an anti pollution message. Which is fine I guess but to some people this might come across as a bit preachy.

 Which is fine I guess but to some people this might come across as a bit preachy

Hedorah or the smog monster looks like a giant piece of 💩 with glowing red eyes. It can swim. It can fly and it can stand. It's just a disgusting thing to look at.

This movie is just an LSD induced nightmare from the bizarre images. Weird fish headed people, cartoon segments, disturbing death scenes. People and animals getting covered in crap and it also features one of the most bizarre yet hilarious scenes in the entire Godzilla series. Are you ready for this!?

Did you see that!? Godzilla can fly now! What in the hell is that!? How can he do that!? I mean how!!! I mean I still love this scene and think it's just ridiculously crazy. But, I mean c'mon.... Look at him he's flying!

If you like your Godzilla movies as bizarre as possible then I'm sure that you'll really love this movie. As it stands for me this one isn't one of my personal favorites. I'll have to give it a rewatch sometime to make sure of it. But, in the end it's still Godzilla so it's worth checking out at least once.

Anyways thank you everyone for watching. I'll be back again sometime soon to talk about Godzilla vs. Gigan next and will get into some more crazy Shōwa series goodness. Let me know in the comments below what you think of this movie and if you wish to discuss this move any further let me know. Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you all soon!