Godzilla 2000 Discussion

Hello everyone and welcome back to another chapter in my Godzilla Discussion Page. In today's chapter we will begin our journey through the millennium series by taking a look at Godzilla 2000!

Almost immediately after Godzilla 98 came out it left a lot of fans pissed off at how one of their favorite characters was treated. This helped give Toho the urge to start making another movie. Despite having killed Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.

Godzilla 2000 is the first in the millennium series

Godzilla 2000 is the first in the millennium series. Which in my opinion is the weakest of the 3 Godzilla series. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the movies. It's just that overall it's not quite as good as the Shōwa or The Heisei series and I feel like a lot of that has to do with its consistency. Almost every movie in this series ignores the previous set of films continuity and instead is a direct sequel to the original 1954 film.

In this next part I want to start to talk about a little bit of the good and bad aspects of the movie before I get to the summary portion.

The Good:

1. The True Godzilla is Back!
Lets start out by talking about the good of Godzilla 2000. Most importantly of all it gave us the true Godzilla again. He's indestructible and breathes fire. He doesn't run from the military like Zilla does.

2. Orga!!!!
It was a nice surprise to see A new Kaiju in this movie. Orga is a unique looking monster and also a total badass. He's one of my favorite monsters to play as in Godzilla Save the Earth.

3

3. Godzilla!!!!!!!
Ok this moment is amazing... I laugh every time I see it. Just pure joy.