Godzilla: The Planet Eater Discussion

Hello everyone and welcome back to another chapter in my Godzilla Discussion page! I know it's been awhile since I talked about a Godzilla movie. But, here I am! I'm sorry for not updating this one in awhile. But, with KOTM now out in theaters I wanted to post some more Godzilla updates. So expect some more content to come out with this book! Anyways, now that we've gotten that out of the way let's talk about the Planet eater.

Plot: The 3rd film in the anime trilogy is set immediately following the events of City on the Edge of Battle. Yuko is now in a comatose state. Godzilla is just standing around stationary. Metphies and the Exif enact their plan to bring their evil god Ghidorah to earth so that they can sacrifice everyone to him. Including Haruo. (Who meanwhile is busy sleeping with the natives).

 (Who meanwhile is busy sleeping with the natives)

Oh well. I guess he got over Yuko pretty quickly. Lol.

Anyways, this version of Ghidorah shows up.

Then he fights Godzilla

Then he fights Godzilla. (Who can't fight back since Ghidorah exists outside of this earth's reality and is on a whole other plane of reality and is being controlled by Metphies).

Eventually Haruo (who was under Metphies influence) breaks free which means Ghidorah is now vulnerable to Godzilla who defeats him

Eventually Haruo (who was under Metphies influence) breaks free which means Ghidorah is now vulnerable to Godzilla who defeats him. (Although sadly he doesn't full get rid of him). Anyways, the movie ends with Haruo sacrificing himself and Yuko (now possessed by the nanometal) against Godzilla so that the Houtua can live in a world without the nanometal and the baggage from him and whatever. There was also a post credit scene that has the Houtua holding some sort of ritual where they honor Haruo and such.... I honestly don't know what it means.

Thoughts on the Movie:
I try to remain positive because it's Godzilla. I fucking love Godzilla as I am Sure you can all tell. But, With this one I find myself not really enjoying it. For me personally the movie really drags.
I'm not really a fan of any of the characters. Plus, I really dislike this take on Ghidorah. It doesn't feel like Ghidorah at all. It's a horrible interpretation of the character that is so far removed from who Ghidorah is that I wonder why they even called him Ghidorah. Thank goodness Godzilla King of the Monsters came out and gave us the best version of the character of all time. (Seriously, I can't wait to talk about him and how much i love KOTM). Anyways, in this movie the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah was probably one of the worst monster fights in any Godzilla movie. The Monsters hardly do anything exciting. I feel as though there was a missed opportunity with this one. I don't like how Godzilla can't attack Ghidorah but Ghidorah can attack him. That's not exciting. It's super cheap and unfair. Eventually Godzilla is able to inflict some damage on Ghidorah. But, he eventually escapes and isn't even killed off. If this was supposed to be the end of this trilogy then why not just have Ghidorah die? Give me something more finite and exciting with this climax. Instead Ghidorah just flies away back into his other dimension. It was disappointing which is the word I would use to  best describe the anime trilogy as a whole. I don't think this needed to be a trilogy. There's so much padding within these 3 movies that you could have cut it down. I wanted to love this trilogy. But, it just doesn't do anything for me. I know some people like it and hey more power to you. But, it just doesn't do anything for me as a whole. But, hey I'll give the movie this. Watching this before seeing Godzilla King of the Monsters makes KOTM seem even more awesome. Lol.

But, anyways I want to know your thoughts on this movie and the anime trilogy as a whole. If there's aspects you want to talk about let me know in the comments below where we can continue to discuss this further and with that said we have reached the end of this update. Wahoo! That feels good to finally get this posted. I can't tell you how many times I have struggled to write this update and now now finally I am done with it. 😊. Anyways, stay tuned because next time I'll be talking about the awesome Godzilla: King of the Monsters movie. Thank you all for reading this and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

 Thank you all for reading this and I hope you all have a wonderful day!