Chapter Twenty Six.

Third POV:

The three men walked out of the gates. Harry staying alarmed as the unknown man still had his arms around Louis. Louis's shoulders appeared too tense from where Harry was walking, a few feet behind them with attentive ears, trying to detect the faintest of sound.

Louis couldn't feel his body. The only thing moving him is the arm around his shoulder, tightly holding him and steering him in whatever direction they're going. Louis knows this feeling is coming from the man, yet he can't recognize what is causing this weird weakness to consume him. The only thing Louis can recognize for sure is that this man is a vampire, it's just the way he holds himself and the I-have-seen-things-you-haven't aura exuding from every pore in his body.

The man knows each and every single thought floating through his, companions for the night, brains. He smirks faintly when he remembers the time and effort put into perfecting his gift. He sighs as the sight of his carriage idling on the side of the road that leads to his mansion. He steers Louis with him, glancing back at Harry to make sure he followed, then opened the door and gently pushed Louis in then following closely behind him. Harry got in a few seconds later.

The moment the cart started moving Harry looked at the man, "don't you think it's high time you told me your name and where are you taking us?"

"I'm not intending to do you both any harm. And excuse my lack of manners, but my name is Morris Orien, the man you've been looking for," he said.

"Why are you here? Lestat said you were in Florence.." Harry trailed off.

Morris chuckled, "of course he would mention Florence, he last saw us there. We have moved to Lucca recently due to it being a much peaceful place to live in."

Harry nodded and was about to say something when Morris held up his hand to silence him, "hold whatever you want to say till we reach my home and introduce you to Dennis. He's been dying to meet another vampire," he chuckled at his own joke.

--------

Harry POV:

The silence that followed his words was welcomed. I feel a less alarmed than I was when we met him. But there's a new, weird kind of anxiety that curled in my stomach, how can I say the things I want without coming off as a complete insensitive person. I looked back at him in the dim candle light of the cart, his pale face that's only distinguished by his rose colored lips, the white hair that barely reached his sharp jawline. Yet the only thing that seemed to strike me is his eyes. They're almost gray and they blend in with the white of his eyes that makes him appear to not have an iris.

          It took us almost half an hour of wading through the outskirts of the village to reach our destination

It took us almost half an hour of wading through the outskirts of the village to reach our destination. It was pitch black once we got out of the carriage, Louis seems a lot better than when we were in the city. I diverted my attention from Louis to the house that's looming over us in the darkness of the night. It was a medium sized building, but the statues that are mounting the roof, and every possible space in the facade, of the house made it look beautiful and powerful. I knew it would look even better in the sunlight, but I hoped I wouldn't be staying here that long.