Chapter Forty Six.

Third POV:

Third POV:

Harry looked behind him and was a bit puzzled when he couldn't find Edward behind him. He shrugged it off and looked back at Lestat. His feets seemed almost to warn him from stepping into the room, but he managed to force it to move. His knees felt like strings trying to hold his body, he felt as if he would buckle and fall on his knees in front of Lestat but, thankfully, the chair was close to him and only managed to plop down on it just in time.

Lestat wasn't paying him much attention, but his gaze was fixed on the small fire crackling in the fireplace. The wood was possibly wet since it made loud popping noises as the fire went on burning it. Harry found himself entranced by the sight of it. The orange and red hue that danced quietly in over the wood and between the other logs seemed to capture his mind and relax his eyes. He was snapped out of it when Lestat sighed loudly.

"Haven't you noticed that humans can be put into three categories. Just like the fire, some are silent yet they burn and hurt the most. Others are like the wood, they pop the loudest yet become consumed by the fire against their will. The rest is the sand that mixes with the ashes of the burned ones, they mainly work as a controller to contain the fire and not allow it to consume everything," he sighed heavily as Lestat glanced at Harry. "Don't you agree?"

Harry thought about what he said and the image became clear but not accurate. He wanted to disagree because he knows the human mind is not that simple, "I don't agree. Each mind works on their own and has its own set of thoughts and definitions. For example, many would agree with you because your idea is simple and they want the easy way out. But there are many who would disagree with you over the notion that the mind can be just as complicated as wood and its types. Humans are changing every minute of the day and you can't really put one definition to their action and take the easy way out of it, it doesn't work like that," Harry passionately said. "At least for me that's how it works..."

Lestat was looking at him with a small smirk as if he expected Harry to start ranting and disagreeing with him. He emptied his cup in one go, "I do realize that's a very understandable way to describe humans. I was just testing if you would agree or not. I thought you would agree for a moment there, but you proved me wrong."

Harry seemed to finally wake up from his trance and remembered what he was doing in this place, "what do you want from me? And I would love it if you would explain to me what exactly have you done to Louis and what you have attempted to do to my son."

Lestat sighed, "I know I might have overreacted with Louis, but he had it coming. He was disobeying me and no one disobeys me without being punished for it."

Harry was trying to understand the way Lestat's mind worked, but it was hard for him and he kept feeling inferior in front of the wall that Lestat seemed to always put up in front of anyone that came a little bit closer to him. Harry thought that it would take him a long time before he would be able to climb the mountain and reach the peak.