Chapter Thirty Four.

Third POV:

Third POV:

The men rushed through the woods as they were led by their scout. The sun was falling behind the dead trees casting claw-like shadows around them as they sniffed around the ground like bloodhounds. No one dared make a sound as they reached the decaying monastery in the middle of the deserted forest. They knew this was the best time they could ambush him in so they paid no caution to their loud steps and the crunching of leaves and branches announcing their arrival like a song. They located the building they were told about and in a flash they were in it, sweeping away the sand covering the opening. Once the trap door was open, they rushed in one by one.

They walked the narrow hallway and the one leading them into it suddenly stopped. There were some sounds of surprise and confusion as they wondered why he stopped. They were answered in the form of a voice coming from the entrance to Lestat's lair that made everyone freeze in their spots, the last ones standing at the end of the line were slowly backing away from the others to run away. A moment passed when some of the middle men broke out and went for the exit. Only a few brave men steeled themselves in their spots.

"Wilson sure has a way of letting me know he is of need," Lestat said as he twirled a goblet filled with blood. His recent victim lays only a few feet from him, whimpering in pain.

The man at the front of the line spoke, "You have no answered him so he ordered us to come and see what is the matter."

The wood in the fireplace made a loud popping sound as it was engulfed in flames. Everything was silent, even the women that was lying half naked on the floor seems to have passed out. Lestat stood up from his chair as he turned to face the intruders, one hand behind his back while the other still held on to the cup. "So you are informing me that Wilson asked you to barge into my simple abode with vampire paralyzer just to check out on why have I not answered him yet?" He asked with a stoic expression.

The men exchanged looks as they tried to hide the needles a minute too late. Lestat rolled his eyes as he put down the goblet and stepped over the women, "tell Wilson that I refuse to bend over for Mike's old whim. I have not forgotten what that fiend has done to the vampire society when I was a mere fledgling in this endless world. If he wishes to take me by force," he chuckled opening both his arms in invitation. "I would like to see him try," with that he smirked as the first man lunged at him.

Lestat, in speed the vampires barely noticed, he pulled out a sword and cleanly cut off the man's head. He smiled at the astounded gasp of his mates and wiped the blood on a handkerchief, "anyone wishes to step forward?"

--------

Wilson was pacing his room when he received the news of Lestat refusing to come. He made sure to look angry but deep down he was relieved. It did not last long when after the messenger has left the room, Ishida came into the room with a poker face yet his eyes glinted in mischief. Wilson stopped his pacing and waited for Ishida to speak with an uneasy feeling.