제25장(Chapt.25)

"But you dared me that before," the 'new kid' said.

"Funny because I don't even know you," I started munching on the chips.

"Well turn around, you haven't even seen my face yet, notebook girl."

Notebook girl?

"Aren't you that notebook girl?"

Holy shit. I stopped munching for a second and turned around.

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath. "I know, I've gotten a  lot more handsome right?" He adjusted his somewhat 'collar'.

"Min Yoongi? You go to school here? Since when?" I shot him with a lot of questions. By a lot it's actually more than that, it was just in my head.

"I entered during sophomore year. I wanted to keep my presence low key so that you won't notice. About the dare. Is it yes or no?" He asked. Is he asking me out or is he-

"Nope it's actually not a dare. I wanted to ask you out. Will you go out with me?"

"I don't think I'm ready yet. I'm an emotional mess Yoongi. You know what happened to Jimin right? I just can't forget about him." I said. He let out a sigh. I can see he was super disappointed. But he paused for a moment.

"Wait what the hell happened to Jimin?" He asked.

[ Flashback ]

"Hello? Is this Kim Jaehyun-ssi?" Woah who is this. "Yes that's me."

"Well this is Ms Nam Hyun woo, calling from Seoul hospital.  I had to contact the person on his speed dial and this is regarding Park Jimin."

I listened carefully. And attentively.

I trembled. My mouth is quivering. I'm shaking.

No. No.. it can't be.

"Are you telling me that my boyfriend is, dead?" I sobbed in between my sentence.

"He's not yet. But he's in a critical condition and there's only 0.5% chance in survival. I'm afraid he's not going to make it anytime soon. I'm sorry," they hung up.

On the way to Busan, Jimin's train crashed. Only 15 passengers survived. The other 53, died. And Jimin is probably one of them. How do you survive with only 0.5% of chance? There's no way.

I rushed to the hospital, only to find him not breathing anymore, I was too late. I fell on my knees, look at his covered body.

I didn't get up. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there, on that hard cold ground. Reminiscing the moments we had together, and now, there's isn't anything anymore. In just a snap of a finger, your loved one is taken.

I'm sorry I didn't show you enough love Jimin. I'm so so sorry.

[ PRESENT ]

"Oh god I didn't know. Fuck. Just fuck my life why is his life taken, why not me? Oh my god I didn't even apologise to him I'm so stupid."

It's actually the second time I see Yoongi crying that hard. He buried his face in his hands while bawling his eyes out. A few teardrops went down my cheeks because I know how much Yoongi actually loves Jimin platonically.

I caressed his back in a comforting manner.

I didn't even go to Jimin's funeral. I couldn't bear myself to see him in a coffin. No one informed me when or where his funeral is going to be held either.

What do we do now? It's just a question that pops in both in our heads. Without a person, everything changes. Especially when a person who is so important to the both of us.