제30장(Chapt.30)

< Yoongi's pov >

Should I tell her?  Should I just play along?

Ugh these thoughts were in my head the whole time.

"Woah hyung! We can be twins!" I pretended to talk to 'Jimin'.

"That sounded forced Yoongi, don't you miss your friend," she pouted. Shit.

I pretended to be a little excited, pretending that Jimin is actually there. 

The next day, I decided to call one of my friends, Namjoon. Well he's the best person to talk to, and he knows a lot of deep stuff.

I brought him over to the cafe where Jaehyun and I planned to meet.

"Hey Jaehyun, meet Kim Namjoon. He's one of my friends where I met at the underground club. Don't worry, he's not scary. Talk to him for awhile while I go ahead and buy some stuffs. I'll come back in 20 minutes?" She nodded.

I told Namjoon about her and her problems and of course, Namjoon being Namjoon, he knows exactly what to say.

< Narrator's pov >

"So, I heard from Yoongi that your boyfriend recently came back, you must be happy."

Jaehyun quickly smiled when he said that and nodded aggressively. 

"You don't know how much I missed him. And now that he's back, I feel alive again," she said while drawing circles on the table.

Namjoon sighed. "You see, some people, when they lose someone they truly love, they might get lonely. Isolated. Then they'll develop something they called 'imaginary person' of the one they lost, do you get what I'm trying to say?" He asked. But all he could see was Jaehyun's face, staring blankly at him.

"Not. A. Clue." She replied. Namjoon tried to find words to make it simpler.

"Ok so what you're facing now is that your 'Jimin' is not Jimin. He's imaginary, he's not really there. So last night Yoongi probably sounded quite fake and forced while talking to 'Jimin' right? So what I'm trying to say is, you're dreaming, Jaehyun."

Namjoon felt it was better to be straightforward to Jaehyun rather than letting her read in between the lines. 

"So you're saying my Jimin is fake? Ok I'm going to call him right now and ask him to meet me here. Our apartment isn't that far anyway," she said as she picked up her phone.

Namjoon watched her as she talked to Jimin.

They waited for about 15 minutes until she stood up and smiled. Namjoon watched her hugged 'Jimin' and ushered him to sit down.

"You can see him right," Jaehyun smiled. Namjoon looked at Jaehyun, and looked at the empty seat beside her. Then that was the moment Yoongi came back.

He probably didn't know what was going on and sat at the empty seat beside Jaehyun.

"What's up. I'm back with a few tapes to record my mixtape tonight," he showed his tapes to Namjoon.

"Yoongi! You're seating on Jimin!" Jaehyun yelled angrily.

Yoongi looked at Namjoon and he gave him signals. 

Namjoon took a picture of Yoongi sitting on that chair while Jaehyun believed he was sitting on Jimin.

"Here, look. Jimin is nowhere. You're dreaming."