chapter 13 - graduation day

2 days after the crazy and huge party of the year, it was finally time, finaly here ... Graduation day.

All students were getting ready for the ceremony of a lifetime, make up and hair and clothes sorted and packing all done. Hermione and her bff Ginny were finishing getting ready, putting on the final touches to their outfits then headed down to the shared commom room.

Hermione's dress

Ginny's dress

As they reached the common room, the boys were there ready and waiting to escort them to the graduates' room

As they reached the common room, the boys were there ready and waiting to escort them to the graduates' room. Once both couples had arrived, they seperated to go and put on the graduation attire - scholar hats, gowns with stoles in their house colours, that lay over the top of the gown and rests on their shoulders.

Once ready, they joined up again and filed in to take their seats near the stage, ready to get up and receive their awards. Each one was called up one by one, they collected their awards, shook hands with the vice head master/mistress and then took a photo with the head mistress of the school then back to their seat.

Once all the awards were given out, the headmistress said a few words. "Congratulations to you all, well done now there is one special student who has gone above and beyond to improve themselves and prove to others that they have changed and they have become a better person than what they once was and that they deserve a second chance and that very student is no other than Draco Malfoy, head boy and this year's valenvictorian for this lot of eighth years so well done to you." she said as everyone was clapping, Draco was in shock and went up to the stage to collect the award and gave a small speech.

"Wow, it is a real honour to receive this award after everything that has happened and also my part in what happened and for that i am truly sorry. It's a past i am not proud of but i strive to move forward and look to the present day and future. I was a misunderstood, scared, weak and cowardly young boy who was blinded by prejudice and looked up and wanted to please my worthless piece of a father, that i didn't and couldn't see the finest and greatest things in life like true friendship, true loyalty and true love, i realise now that what i did was wrong and i changed for better, for the good and i feel more like myself again like how i was when i was a little youngster and it is no thanks to headmistress Mcgonnagal for giving me a second chance and also no thanks to the love of my life Hermione Granger for helping and making me see that there is more to life than just anger, hatred, misery and destruction. So this awards means a lot to me so thank you." he said finishing his speech and heading back to his seat. As he went back to his seat, everyone was cheering and clapping.

"thank you mr malfoy, i am so proud of you all, best wishes on what you do from here on out in your life but always remain in touch, i am going to miss you all. Good luck and hopefully see you in near or distance future."

Stay tuned for more