chapter 2

Me and my best friend Ginny were getting ready to go to the ROR with the other Gryffindors, Ginny was trying to manage bird's nest which I called my hair, into and half up half down look with small ringlets falling down the side of my cheeks to frame my face, just like it was when I went to the Yule ball with Viktor Krum, I smiled at the memory. I finished doing my make-up and smoothed down my dress.

"I honestly can't believe I am doing this now." I say to myself in the mirror putting my hair halfway up. "You know you don't HAVE to go to this stupid thing." Ginny said, "You don't need to prove yourself to Lavender."

"Yes, I do, if there is anything I dislike more than anything, it's being called a coward, I am a Gryffindor for merlin sake."

"I wouldn't say that's what you most dislike. I think that you hate Draco Malfoy more." She said trying not to giggle, she was right, I did hate him more than being called a coward and He was a downright nightmare!

 "That's irrelevant." I snapped. "Sorry, it's just he gets me so worked and Lavender gets on my nerve" I said, trying to calm down. "I suppose it's time to go. Thank you again for coming with me." I said generously.

"No problem. I was curious about this thing anyway..." She said. I laughed I was sort of nervous.    

There weren't very many people in the ROR, a few other Gryffindors, two Hufflepuff boys, and two Slytherin boys, Draco Malfoy being one. As soon as we walked in Lavender looked up. "Granger! You came!" Why the sudden "glad to see me" act? I questioned to myself in disgust.

"Of course I came, I'm no coward." I say sharply.

She smiles falsely. "Okay, now that everyone is here let's get started!" She said. UGH I hate her so much, I so want to wipe that fake smile off her face, Dumb bimbo!

 We played truth or dare and now it was finally my turn and Lavender instantly turned to me. "Truth or dare, Granger?" If I didn't say dare I'd be called a coward again , but if I did say dare she'd dare me something vile. I sighed before answering, "Dare." Unamused by the whole game. 

Lavender smiled again but this time the smile was all genuine. "Alright, I dare you to go out with Draco for a whole week." I let my mouth fall open, when I heard those words, my mind was screaming 'IS SHE CRAZY? WE HATE EACH OTHER, DOES SHE WANTS TO SEE US KILL EACH OTHER?' I looked to Ginny to see if I'd heard her right, her face mirrored mine. I then looked at Lavender avoiding eye contact with the blond across from me. "What?" Was all I said.

"You heard me. You and Draco date for a whole week. The requirements are that you have to be together at all times unless you are in different classes, you have to sit together in classes that you are in together and lunch, and you have to ACT like a couple meaning hugging, holding hands, and kissing." She finished with a sneer. UGH I so wanted to smack that smirk off her ugly face of hers.

I felt the heat rising in my cheeks and finally made eye contact with Draco. He would've gotten asked next. He was glaring at Lavender. "Oh." I said still borderline speechless.

"Go on Granger, kiss him." She said grinning so widely that her face looked like it would split down the middle. I just sat there. I heard a sigh and before I knew it Draco was next to me, turning my face towards him, and finally kissing me on the lips. It was nothing like I'd expected. His lips were gentle against mine and so were his hands on the sides of my face. This was nothing like I'd expected...nothing at all. It actually felt...nice. My mind was having an internal battle with itself... NO ... NO Hermione don't go there, he is your best friend's enemy, he tortured you for 7 years.... But he has become kinda hot .... No no no bad thought.

Before long,  I put my arms around his neck and started kissing back, I'd completely forgotten where we were. Until I heard giggling,  I opened my eyes and he was still holding my face, staring at me. My face was burning more. "So it's true. Gryffindors are good kissers." He whispered. I turned my face away in embarrassment. I sat like this the rest if the game, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

Finally the game was over and everyone was leaving. Draco was in the corner of the room watching people leave. I hadn't noticed him move. I looked around for Ginny and found her waiting for me at the door. I stood up and walked over to her, she looked at me with expectant eyes. "Let's go." I mumbled quietly, she nodded and we left the room. This week was surely going to be different....

Please let me know what you think of this chapter... hope you enjoy it.