Chapter 11 part 3 - final exams day

Its final exams day and everyone is busy preparing for the practical parts of the exams, including Draco and Hermione.

First up was potions, girls were in one and boys in another room and they had 2 1/2 hours to make the perfect brew of draught of the living death and submit it for inspection.

Time skip

potions exams is now finished and the students are heading to their next exams - defense against the dark arts. First up to battle each other: Pansy Parkinson and Hermione Granger, the most biggest rivals in the whole of hogwarts, Gryffindor Vs Slytherin.

They faced one another in the centre of the platform they were on, raised their wands to their faces then back down again and walked to their corners and raised their wands ready to duel. (a/n like harry and draco did in the chamber of secrets).

First to fire was Parkinson and she fired 'crucio' and Granger deflects it with protego and a strong protection shield then fires back 'avis' then 'reducto' and 'incendio'. Pansy deflected all of them then fired back her own.

Once pansy deflected hermione's spells and fired  back and before hermione could fire her own back and deflect pansy's spells, parkinson taunted and tried to get inside her head. "Come on Granger, do your worst, you will fail anyway you stupid filthy little mudblood and draco isn't yours, he's mine not yours, so let him go and he can come back to where he truly belongs."

Hermione replied with laughter 'haha yeah right pug face parkinson, he is where is belongs and you really think you are where he belongs haha think again, he doesn't love you, he never did and the only reason he hung around you for so long was because he pitied you and besides you don't scare me and i am better than you anyway both intellectually and academically.' Hermione lowers her wand and begins to walk off the platform, this enrages pansy so she fires 'everte statum' towards hermione.

Hermione turns round to deflect it but is not quick enough and is blown backwards and lands flat on her back and hits her head pretty hard and blacks out. All students are shocked and the teachers and draco rushes over to hermione to see if she is ok then picks her up and takes her to the hospital wing, all exams were suspended until further notice.

*At the hospital wing*
Draco arrives at the hospital wing with a passed out hermione and places her on one of the hospital bed and madame pomfrey rushes over and attends to hermione's injuries quickly, checks her heart and vital signs then checks her head and heals it and then heals her other injuries and tells draco that her patient needs rest and to return later on.

later on after lunch, hermione wakes up with a splitting headache, she tried to move but it was too much pain. Madame pomfrey comes in to check on her and gives her some medication to reduce the headache and pain and also gives her something small to eat to boost her energy and speed up the healing process, then checks on her other patients.

after madame pomfrey left, draco arrived with a bowl of strawberries and cherries dipped in chocolate (hermione's favourite). "hey you're awake, how are you feeling" draco asked.

"hey, i just woke up a few minutes ago and ok i guess just got a little pain but waiting for the meds to kick in, what you got in your hand?" hermione replied.

" your favourites, cherries and strawberries dipped in chocolate." he said with a smile on his face. "how did you know they were my favourites, wait did ginny tell you." she replied, he just smirked and didn't say anything. "i take your silence and stupid smirk on your face as a yes then and anyway gimme them, i am starving." she said stretching out her arms trying to grab them.

Draco just chuckles and kissed her forehead and passes her them and she gobbled them up. "yum mmm so good, thank you." she replied with her mouth full, draco just chuckled and sat down by her bedside.

"here is your bag with ten tonnes of books that i nearky broke my back and your wand, i thought you might want these to read whilst you are here." Draco said handing hermione her bag and wand.

Hermione just giggled at his comment about how mamy books she had in her bag, "haha they are essential to me and thanks i would get a bit bored in here without them, can you do me a favour and ask how long i have to stay here please?" she askes her voice noticably shaky.

"are you scared of hospitals, is bright witch of their age scared of something?" draco replied chuckling
" it's not funny i hate hospitals plus it brings up bad memories. " she replied nervously.

"oh sorry, i didn't mean to tease, i'll go and ask if you can leave and come back to the head's dormitory and rest up there." he says whilst going to find madame pomfrey. "its ok you didn't know, thank you."

few minutes later, draco came back and with a smile on his face. "so she said you can leave here but only if you take one of these potions once a day on a daily basis and come here twice a week for a check up." he said shaking the potion bottles.

Hermione smiled. "yes get me out of here, it smells like death and bleach, eughhh." she said shivering and grabbing her stuff and grabs draco's hand, signs the dishcharge form and puts it on madame pomfrey's desk and walks out of there to head back to the head's dormitory .

"so why don't you like hospitals, you don't have to answer if its too uncomfortable for you to tell me?" Draco asked cautiously. Hermione sighs and begins her story, "it started 3 years ago, it was spring and i was at home with my parents and i started to notice that my mum looked different and she looked sick, thats when  my parents sat me down and told me that my mum was extremely sick and couldn't be cured, then a few months later whilst i was round a friends' house i got a call saying my mum was admitted into hospital and she wasn't looking good so i rushed there ..." she sniffed and swallowed back her tears. " to say goodbye before she left, but i was too late by the time i got there she was already gone, i saw my dad bent over my mum's body crying and i just screamed and cried and broke down. " she said wiping away her tears. " wow, i'm so sorry you had to go through that. " draco said comforting her.

"thank you, you are the first and only person i told that story too, well my life got a lot worse after my mother 's death because my dad couldn't cope without my mum so he ended up in a pysch ward a
where he eventually died so i have no parents, an orphan now." she replied.

"damn hermione, that's tough to deal with on your own and you didn't have anyone to talk to. " draco replied. Hermione just shock her head in response.

a few moments later, headmistress mcgonnagal knocked on the head's dormitory to see how Hermione was holding up and to let the know that exams would be restarting tomorrow and then left.

dinner had been and gone and it was time to bed and all students were in bed and fast asleep getting energised for the next day.

stay tuned for more