Chapter 5

The half second Derek used to blink, the demon was no longer anywhere to be found and Stiles was walking again. He was about to follow after him, when he felt someone take hold of his arm and held him back. He snarled and looked back at what had grabbed him and found a little girl. He immediately stopped snarling, half composing himself as he tried to pull his hand away.

"Leave him alone," the little girl said as her thin light brown brows knitted together. "What?" Derek said as he eyed the little girl. She wasn't so little, probably a 12 year old judging by her height, with long wavy blonde locks reaching her waist, bright blue eyes trying to give him a warning gaze, pale skin that almost matched Stiles. She looked like a doll to Derek. "You broke his heart and he's trying to put himself back together. Are you trying to ruin everything he's worked for until now?" The little girl asked as her eyes flashed yellow.

At that Derek growled, his claws drew and quickly moved to grasp the demons throat but she vanished. "Dammit." Derek snarled when he couldn't find the girl anywhere in the area. He pulled his phone when it began to ring, "What?!" he snarled into it.

"Did I call at a wrong time?" The voice on the other line asked. It was Deaton.

"I'm sorry, what did you need?" He asked calming himself as he pinched the bridge of his nose before finally getting into his car.

"Derek we need to talk. It's important." Deaton said sounding a bit troubled, as the animals in the kennel started to whimper in the back ground.

"I'm on my way," Derek said before hanging up the phone and tossing it to the passenger's seat beside him. He wanted to go check up on Stiles and make sure the demon he had just encountered hadn't harmed him but Deaton seemed troubled. With a loud sigh Derek took off towards Deaton, checking up on Stiles would have to wait.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Stiles got home he saw his dad's cruiser parked in the drive way. A smile crept on his face, he was happy his dad was home. He quickly rushed inside only to bump into his dad at the door. "Dad?" Stiles said as his smile turned upside down when he saw the small suitcase. "Hey kiddo, where did you go?" the sheriff asked as he placed a small suitcase on the floor before pulling his son inside the house.

"I went for a walk, but, um, are you going somewhere?" Stiles asked as he looked at the bag before looking at his dad with a questioning gaze.

"Yeah, I've been called to the town over. They said they needed me on a case." The sheriff said as he sat his son in the living room before sitting himself down. "What kind of case?" Stiles asked curiously as he moved around on the couch to get comfortable.

"They said it was a massacre, but I'm not going into detail with you." The sheriff said trying to spare his son the brutal mental images. "Dad, you don't think it could be supernatural related right?" Stiles asked trying not to imagine how brutal the body must look to spare his stomach. "I don't know kiddo, but if I suspect it. I'll make sure to inform you, maybe you could figure out what it was, but only then." The sheriff said as he looked at his watch before getting up "I have to go now. Stiles, promise me you'll behave and don't cause trouble while I'm gone." The sheriff said as he kissed stiles on the head before heading to the door.

Stiles chuckled lightly at that, "Don't worry dad I won't even go out." He assured, it wasn't like he had anywhere to go anyways. "Stiles, I mean it, and no more skipping school." The sheriff said as he rounded his cruiser and opened the door to the driver's seat. "I know, be careful," Stiles said as he waved at his dad. He smiled slightly as his dad pulled out of the drive way and left.

He walked back into the house and sighed as he felt his stomach growl. "I've been so worked up on how I felt, I forgot about you baby." He said to his still flat stomach as he rubbed it lightly. "Well lucky for you, I brought pizza." Mr. J said as he sat in Stiles dining table, startling Stiles once more. "How the hell... you know what never mind." Stiles said as he walked over to the man cautiously as he opened the box of pizza. He picked up a slice and eyes it before looking at the demon, "It's perfectly save," Mr. J said as he picked up a slice and took a big bite.

"Is school over?" Stiles asked as he looked over at the clock before taking a bite. "It is, which is why I am here." Mr. J said as he looked at him. Stiles rolled his eyes about to open his mouth about to take a bite when he felt two pair of arms wrap around his waist, making him tense. He lowered his gaze and found a girl hugging him, but before he could say anything Mr. J spoke up, "This is Suzy, she's one of the pack." Stiles looked at him and then at the little girl and said, "But she's just a kid."

"I'm not a kid," Suzy said with a smile before looking over at Mr. J and rushing to hug him too, but he seemed more keen on returning the affection. "Suzy, here, is born demon like most of us and also the youngest in the pack." Mr. J said as he patted her head. Stiles eyes the girl and the man and couldn't help but smile, they seemed like father and daughter. "Joe and Ester are here too but they said, they would explore the town first before coming to see him." Suzy said before smiling big as she sat down at the table.

"Whoa! Whoa! Coming to see who?" Stiles interjected before looking at the man he was a bit more familiar with. "I told you, the pack has begun to arrive." Mr. J said as he looked at Suzy who was almost done with her second slice of pizza. "Their coming to see you silly, they want to make sure they make themselves known and know the rules of the town," Suzy said with a giggle as she reached for another slice.

Stiles frowned as he pulled Mr. J off to the side and said, "I didn't agree to this." Mr. J looked at him and sighed, "I know, but they can't help it, its instinct." Stiles brows furrowed in confusion as he said, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Suzy took that chance to walk into the room and over the napkin she was using to clean her mouth, "It's like you're the mommy, kids always run to their mommy because they feel safe. You're like our mommy, Stiles." Mr. J chuckled at that and said, "That's a cute way of looking at it. Well mommy dearest, it's like the girl said, you make us feel safe and stronger. Even if you wanted to reject us, we won't leave you stiles. Demons stick together." Stiles sighed at what the girl said before rubbing his belly, for some reason that made him feel at ease. They didn't know him, but they cared about him already, called him mommy, and told him they would never leave him no matter what he did wrong.

Maybe he liked the sound of that.