Unexpected Meeting

Ed's POV

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

My heart skipped a beat. It was Louise. Louise was actually here! Calm down!

"Erm I'm just helping out a friend in the kitchens for the week, she was short on staff so I said I would help her." I informed her. "What about you?"

"I'm working in the kitchens too. I'm head chef." She smiled proudly to herself.

"So you're like my boss?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess I am." She laughed. "I'm going to be a bitch in the kitchen. Watch out."

"Right, I will." I grinned. "You seen Harry lately?"

"Nope. I'm way over him. I'm a single pringle and ready to mingle." She smiled.

She was single!!! Yes! And Harry didn't mind when I told him I liked her. Yay!

"Likewise." I told her to clarify that I was single too. I didn't want to confuse her in case she actually liked me. She probably didn't though...

"Was it you who was singing just then?" She asked shyly.

"Oh you heard that?" How embarrassing? She probably thought I was crap.

"Yeah you were amazing! Like woah, I wish I could sing like that. And the lyrics too... mind blowing." She complimented.

I tried not to blush.

"Thanks, it means a lot." I replied.

"We should jam some time." She suggested.

"Yeah! That would be awesome. You play?" I held up Cyril (my guitar).

"Yep. Piano, violin and guitar." She informed me.

"Oh that's so cool." I complimented.

"So are you sharing a room with anyone?" I decided to ask. What a random question?

"No, but I think I've sort of made a friend. Some enthusiastic Spanish guy wanted some moisturiser. His name was-"

"Carlos?" I finished her sentence. So she was the girl next door.

"Yeah, you know him?" She asked.

"We share a room." I told her.

"Lucky you." She smiled.

"He's alright I guess. Bit wild, but he's alright."

"Yeah."

It went silent. What should I say? Should I invite her to my room? Or would that sound weird? I wanted to know more about her.

"You wanna chill with Carlos and me then, so you're not on your own?" I suggested. There. I said it.

"Yeah." She nodded eagerly. "That'd be cool."

"I think we're just next door to you anyway."

"Great." She smiled and we began to walk.

"Oh wait, I forgot Cyril." I leaped back into the room.

"Cyril?" Louise questioned from the doorway.

Crap. She probably thought I was a right weirdo naming my guitar.

"I mean... my guitar." I said.

"Ed, did you named your guitar Cyril?" She was on the verge of laughter.

"Might have..." I picked the guitar up feeling stupid.

"Why? She looks much more like a... Barbara." Louise said to my surprise. Maybe she didn't think naming guitars was weird.