A Spanish Priest

Louise's POV

I think I was in love with Ed. Well, not think. I knew it. I was 100% sure of it. I was in love! But, this time, it felt different. Much more different than how I felt with Harry. The feeling I got with Ed, well it was...unique. I had never felt this way about a person before. Maybe I was never in love with Harry after all...

"Lou?" It gave me butterflies every time he called me 'Lou'.

"Mhmm?" I asked in a daze.

We were both sitting down on the couch. Ed's arm was wrapped around my shoulders and my head lay peacefully on his chest.

"I was going to tell you later, but I can't hold it in any longer." He spoke into my ear.

"What?" A smile crept up on my lips.

"I've got you an early Christmas present."

"What do you mean 'early Christmas present'?" I lifted my head from his shoulder and faced him.

"You know my friend, Jamal?" He asked.

"Yeah, the one who moved to New York." I stated.

"Well, he wanted me to come over there to see him and he offered to pay for the ticket. I managed to persuade him to buy you one too." Ed grinned.

"Ed... What are you saying?" My mouth was wide open.

"We're going to New York baby!" Ed beamed. "In two days, for free!"

"Oh my gosh!" I leaped up from the sofa. "You're kidding right?!"

"Nope." He stood up too. "You excited?"

"Hells fucking yeah I'm excited. I've never been out of the UK!" I smiled giddily. I WAS GOING TO NEW YORK!

I jumped, screamed and then gave Ed a huge hug. I was ecstatic. I almost forgot that I might have cancer. Almost.

"I thought it would take your mind off everything and give you the chance to have fun before you find out if...you know...you have cancer." Ed confessed.

"It's the best present ever! Thank you!" I was over the fucking moon!!!! Fuck cancer!! I was going to fucking NEW YORK!

"We'll be flying back on Boxing Day, so we'll be there for Christmas." Ed smiled.

"Your parents don't mind you not going to see them on Christmas?" I asked.

"They don't mind. I'll see them another time." He smiled. Gosh he was amazing.

"I hate Christmas." I admitted.

"What?! Why?" Ed gasped.

"Just do..." I said, not wanting to tell him the real reason why.

"Well, I'm going to make sure this Christmas is one you'll never forget." He kissed my forehead. "I promise."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." I warned him.

"Who says I'm not going to keep it?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Alright." I smiled. "Whatever you say..."

"But, I need you to do something for me." Ed shyly spoke.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

"It's my parents...they...they want to meet you. I promised I would ask." Ed awkwardly said.

"Oh right, why d'ya sound so nervous about that? Shouldn't I be the one who should be scared?" I raised an eyebrow.

"My parents are really embarrassing..." He rubbed the back of his neck. Damn, he looked so hot when he did that.