Chapel

Louise's POV

"It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I think I wanna marry you..." Bruno Mars' beautiful voice flooded my ears. "Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard, we can gooo.." I pressed pause and pulled my earphones out, looking at Ed who was watching French TV, sitting at the edge of the bed.

His face was scrunched up as he attempted to decipher what was going on. He was too cute.

The pains in my chest were getting worse but luckily they didn't last long. I upped my pain killer dosage which kind of worked, but not massively. What scared me the most was that my ear began to bleed a few hours ago...it soon cleared up and it managed to go unnoticed by Ed. I just hoped it didn't happen again.

How long did I have left to live?

"Ed?" I called and he looked at me, turning the TV off.

"Mhmm?" He replied.

I looked at the elegant ring which was on my finger. Ed had told me that his grandmother gave it to him before she died. It was a truly beautiful ring.

"Marry me. Right now." I almost demanded.

"What?" His eyes widened and he scooted up the bed so he was sitting right next to me.

"There's a chapel, a few blocks down, I saw it. Take me there." I ordered.

"Are...are you sure? It's nearly midnight." Ed questioned.

"Positive." I nodded. "It'll still be open, I'm sure."

"Where's this coming from?" He wondered.

"These past few days have been amazing and it was all because we were being spontaneous about it. What if we had waited? What if I die tomorrow? I'll never be able to be Mrs Sheeran." I admitted. "And God how I want to be Mrs Sheeran."

"And God how I want you to be Mrs Sheeran too." Ed agreed.

"We don't know how long I have left and I really just want to live in the moment. So, let's get married. Right now." I repeated.

Ed stopped to think for a moment before a huge grin spread across his face.

"Let's get married!" He beamed.

"Oh my gosh, okay." I stood up, getting into wedding mode. "I need something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue."

"Really?" Ed nearly laughed.

"Yes, Edward. This is my wedding day and it needs to be perfect." I explained.

"Here, wear this." He tossed me the jumper he wore yesterday. "It's old, borrowed, and blue."

"You're so smart." I grinned and threw it over the checked shirt I was wearing. The jumper smelt just like Ed and made me feel safe. "Okay, now I need something new." I thought about it.

"Doesn't the necklace count?" Ed held the necklace I was wearing which he had bought me for Christmas. The one with Yoda from Star Wars on. "I only gave it you last month."

"Yes, it so definitely counts. Oh my gosh, I'm ready to get married." I beamed. "Lead the way, Mr Sheeran."

"Of course, Mrs Sheeran."

                             ****

"We wanna get married." I was getting giddy and felt slightly drunk.

The chapel was very pretty however very quiet which was understandable considering it was late at night.

"No speak de English. You wait." An old man with a very strong French accent ran off behind the desk and fetched a younger looking man.