Wake me up

Ed's POV

Gently, my eyes fluttered open to the morning light. I felt refreshed and healthy; I had an amazing sleep. Without knowing, my eyes carefully avert to my left and then the events of last night came seeping through.

Louise...

I watched as Louise lay peacefully, her hand draped around my chest and her body relaxed. Her breathing was steady showing that she was sleeping calmly. Wisps of her messy, golden hair floated around on her face but mainly trailed down her back. I now noticed that she had the tiniest beauty spot hiding below her ear, out of sight. Although she was asleep, she was still smiling her gorgeous, heart melting smile which set off a swarm of butterflies in my stomach each time the edges of her lips twitched.

She was beautiful.

"You're staring at me." She whispered, eyes still closed. I thought she was asleep. And how did she know I was staring?

"Good morning, sunshine." I smiled and her eyes flicked open.

Her eyes were a pale shade of blue etched with a very light, mild hint of green closer to the pupil. They reminded me of the Tenerife Sea. They were so easy to get lost in.

"I've never noticed before, but you have beautiful eyes." The words slipped out of my mouth. Why did I just say that? I tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear so I could see her stunning face properly.

"Thanks." She blushed. Gosh her blush was cute.

I wrapped my arm around her and she laid her head on my chest as if it were a pillow. This felt right.

"I can't believe we..." Louise trailed off.

"Do you regret it?" I whispered.

She shook her head and smiled up at me. I kissed her gently on the cheek.

"Neither do I." I smiled quitely.

"I don't usually do this sort of thing with a guy I've only known a few weeks but with you... I don't know. It feels like I've known you longer."

"Me too." My fingertips trace on her bare arm. "I don't want to get up, I just want to stay here with you all day."

I felt like I could tell this girl anything. Even if it did sound weird or desperate. Why? Because I just knew that she felt the same.

"Yeah, but we have work in," She leaned over me to check my alarm clock. "Well, ages away."

"Then half the day." I said and played with her hair.

"Ed," She began.

"Mhmm?"

"Tell me something about you that nobody else knows." She told me.

"There isn't anything really, I'm kind of an open book. Everyone knows everything about me, even if they don't think they do." I replied.

"Doesn't that count as something no one knows about you? The fact that they don't know that they know everything about you?" She said which took a bit for me to understand, then I realised.

"Oh yeah, I guess so." I realised. "What about you?"

"What about me?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Tell me something no one knows about you."

She fell silent so I assumed she didn't hear me or something. I was about to ask her again when I noticed the thinking expression she held.

"I don't believe in God." She finally spoke.