The Date

Louise's POV

"Surprised?" Ed asked.

I was gobsmacked. Clear twinkling lights dangled effortlessly from the ceiling, drooping over to the walls.

Every single table had a single stick candle, glowing on the tables which where decorated with rose petals and lined with a white cloth.

Couples were eating peacefully at their tables as they allowed the beautiful taste of their food to dance on their pallets and release the heavenly feeling which escaped from their delectable food.

The atmosphere was so relaxing and calm with the quite, slow sound of faint music in the distance.

It was perfection.

"It's amazing." I managed to breath.

"Yay dot com forward slash epic!" Ed proudly said. "I feel like a ninja, or a spy, or a detective."

"Detective Sheeran. Sick." I laughed.

"I know. I would make such an awesome detective." He said.

"Good evening sir and madam." A man greeted. "A table for two?"

"Yep." Ed popped the 'p'.

"Certainly, this way." He guided us towards a window table.

"I'm a sir." Ed whispered happily to me as the man guided us. "And you're a madam. How posh?"

"Very." I giggled.

"Someone will be here in a few minutes to take your order." The man's British accent stood out.

"Thanks." Ed thanked as the man walked away.

He pulled the chair open for me and I sat down. Aw, such a gentleman. He sat on the chair opposite me.

"So is the food here like really elegant?" Ed was excited.

"What do you mean?"

"Like do they have really fancy names and the portions are way too small, yet cost a bomb? Because I've always wanted to go to a place like that." He said.

"Uhm," I laughed a little realising he was right. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Awesome sauce." He grinned.

"I remember the last time I saw you in a restaurant. You didn't look as happy. You were with a friend?" I told him.

"Oh yeah, when you were the waitress there for one day." He recalled.

"Yeah."

"I was with my friend, Jamal. He had just told me he was moving to New York so I wasn't too happy." He informed me.

"Oh right. Well that sucks." I said.

"There was something else that happened that day." He remembered.

"What?" I was intrigued.

"After you went..." He began. "I chased after you."

"What?"

"Yep. You finished your shift and I saw you walking down the road. I wanted to ask you out but you were too fast and then caught the bus." He admitted.

"Oh wow." I was truly amazed. "I remember having my headphones in and hearing a faint noise. If I had any idea-"

"It's fine. Got my yearly exercise done." He joked.

I was flattered. He actually liked me before we even came to camp... and so did I.

"I couldn't believe my luck when I saw you were working at the camp." He said.