Chocolate Cake

Ed's POV

I couldn't believe it. Louise was my new roommate. We were going to be living IN THE SAME FUCKING APARTMENT! Was I excited? Hells freaking yeah!

Calm down, Ed. Calm the heck down!

"Settled?" I asked.

"Yep. Everything is unpacked. I have officially moved in." She smiled.

"I feel like we should do something. You know, like an official welcoming?"

"What've you got in mind?" She asked.

"Let's throw a party!" I suddenly said but then thought about my lack of money. "Okay, maybe not that."

"Agreed." She laughed.

"What about we go to a theme park?!" I beamed and once again realised I was broke. "Crap, why am I so poor? I can't afford anything."

"Looks like we're in the same boat there." Louise replied.

"What about..."

"A movie marathon!" Louise suggested.

"I have like no films whatsoever." I confessed.

"Well you're in luck. I have 3 films." Louise grinned.

"Cool, which ones?"

"Shrek, Shrek 2... and Shrek the Third." She smirked.

"Seriously?" I laughed.

"Don't tell me you don't like Shrek." She went all serious.

"I LOVE SHREK!" I told her.

"Oh my gosh, this is going to be awesome!" She said.

"You go get the films, I'll make the popcorn." I said.

"Alright." She smiled and scurried upstairs.

                        ****

The movie was almost over. We were at the part where Shrek had burst through the church at Fiona and Lord Farquad's weddings.

I was sat at the end of the sofa aimlessly playing with Louise's hair. She lay legs outstretched on the rest of the sofa, a huge blanket covering her whole body, her back resting against my side.

A smile was plastered on her face as Shrek kissed Fiona. True loves kiss.

"Do you believe in true love?" She asked me, eyes still on the TV.

"What d'ya mean?"

"Like there's someone out there for everyone."

"I guess so. I mean, everyone gets married don't they?" I said.

"Yeah, I guess so. What about fate? Do you believe in fate?" She questioned.

"Do you?"

"I think so... I mean out of everyone in the whole wide world, what are the chances of you meeting that one special person? But fate guides you towards them. Everything that happens, happens for a reason."

"Like me meeting you?" I asked.

"What?"

"Fate. I met you at Harry's house, then the restaurant, and then at Camp. What are the chances? Do you think me meeting you is fate?" I asked.

"Well, yeah I guess so." She admitted. "If we didn't meet each other, we would both be homeless. But fate made sure we did."

"Oh yeah." I realised.