Okay? Okay.

Ed's POV

I hauled the fridge open and pulled out a can of beer. My aim was to get so drunk that I didn't remember anything of tonight. I had no idea what was wrong with her and it was doing me no good sat here worrying.

I just hoped she was safe...

I opened the can and chugged it down letting the heavenly liquid pour itself down my throat.

"Ed." Jamal snatched the can out of my hands. "Getting drunk isn't the solution."

"Yes, it is." I snatched it back.

"No!" He snapped and pulled the can from my hands and poured it down the sink.

"Why d'ya do that?" I hissed.

"Your girlfriend is outside somewhere in the middle-"

"Ex-girlfriend." I corrected.

"Whatever, Ed. She's out there in the middle of night in one of the most dangerous cities in the world and she's in a vulnerable state. Girlfriend or not, you need to go after her." He ordered.

"She could be anywhere." I told him. "Plus, she hates me."

"No she doesn't. She's clearly upset about something, she didn't mean what she said. I doubt she would have gone far." Jamal told me.

"But...what do I say?" I asked.

"Whatever your heart tells you." Jamal said. "Now go."

I paced out of the apartment and pressed the elevator button. Impatiently, I waited for the lift to come up.

"Ah, fuck it." I muttered and ran towards the stairs. My feet pounded againt the hard floor as I speeded down all the stairs. Breathing heavily, I swerved round the corner and continued to run. Panting for air I finally reached the bottom and pushed the exit door open.

I was hit with a harsh cold breeze and zipped my hoodie up. Where could she be? New York was huge. I had no clue where to start. The road was absolutely deserted and free from any sound. That was when the noise of quiet whimpers filled my ears.

Sitting on the curb a few metres down the road was Louise. Her face was buried in her hands but her sobbing was just about audiable.

Cautiously, I slowly walked towards her and sat down next to her not making a single noise. Her arms were still bare and covered with goosebumps and she shivered slightly. I zipped my cosy, warm jacket off and wrapped it around her. Her head shot up instantly.

Her lip was trembling and her face was stained with tears. Her eyes were red and she looked petrified.

My heart broke.

"What are you doing to me Lou?" I whispered quietly.

"You... you shouldn't be here." She shook her head but clutched my jacket around her tightly.

"Neither should you, but you are." I replied.

"Ed, didn't you hear me before? I'm breaking up with you." She harshly commented.

"Well, I'm not going to let you." I defiantly spoke. "Unless you give me a valid reason why."

"I don't have to tell you anything." She said.

"Why are you crying?" I tucked the hair that was in her face behind her ear.

"Why do you want to know?"

"How about because I care? Because I love you? Because your behaviour is so out of character. Just let me in Lou." I persuaded. "Please."

"No, this is for the best." She began to stand up but I held her wrist, pulling her down. "Ouch!"