Plane Ride

Ed's POV

New York here we come! I was so excited. I think the exact word was 'buzzin'. Yes. I was buzzin'!

"Ed!" Louise snapped her fingers in front of my face. "If you smile any wider, I think your jaw may break."

She looked undeniably wonderful today. She was wearing a knee length, baby blue dress which brought out a sparkle and matched perfectly with her soft eyes. He curly, blonde hair fell down the side of her neck, down her shoulders and back. She was so breath taking. I just wanted to tell her how much I loved her...

"But I'm just so damn excited!" I beamed. "We're going to New York. The city of love!"

"Isn't that Paris?" Louise raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"The city of love. It's Paris." Louise laughed.

"Yeah...I knew that..." I awkwardly smiled.

"Sure." She smiled and patted my back. "Sure."

"I did! I swear." I unconvincingly said.

"I believe you." She grinned.

"You wanna know what my favourite French word is?" I asked her.

"Random but alright." She nodded, a smile plastered on her face.

"Lumiere. It means light." I told her. "It sounds so beautiful when you sing it."

"Sing it?" She looked confused.

"Lumiere." I sang it this time. "Cool, right?"

"Anything you sing sounds cool." She complimented which made me smile.

"Well you're my lumiere: you're my light." I said and realised how cringy it sounded. "Hashtag cringe."

"Hashtag Edorable." She laughed and I smiled at how random we were.

"Edorable indeed." I grinned.

"Anyway, what time is the flight again?"

"It's still at 2:39AM. Just like I told you...2 minutes ago." I smirked.

"Crap yeah, I keep forgetting."

We were sitting down at the airport, waiting for our plane. It would be here in a few minutes. It suddenly hit me that we were actually going on a plane. The last time I went on a plane, I was 11 and I threw up. Twice. I shuddered at the memory.

"Oh my gosh, we're going on a plane." I gasped.

"You don't say." Louise laughed.

"But, like, we're going to be in the air. All the way up there." I pointed to the sky.

"Yep," Louise nodded. "That is the whole point of flying. To go 'all the way up there'."

"What if we die!" My eyes widened.

"Stop being a drama queen, we're not going to die." Louise told me.

"And how would know, huh?" I questioned.

"Ed, sweetie, shut up." She laughed.

"But-"

"You're not going to die." She said. "Well...not today, anyway. I never thought you would be afraid of flying."

"I'm not." I protested.

"Really?"

"Really really." I nodded.

"Whatever you say, babe."

The announcement for our plane rang from the speakers above us and Louise and I made our way to the plane. Once we had found our seats, we sat down and made ourselves comfortable.