suffer of the silenced part 6

The bright sun streamed in through my window the next morning.

I sat up and stretched when I laughing coming from the kitchen. I got up and walked towards the source, and then I saw Landon sitting at the table. My grandmother was working at the wooden counter, cooking breakfast.

"Do you want seconds? I have a lot of work I want you to do today." She turned at saw me. "Good morning Lillian! Do you want something to eat?" Landon looked up from his plate and smiled at me. I walked over to the table and took the seat beside him

"I would love some, I'm starving!" I said to her. I looked over towards Landon, "How are you this morning?"

"I'm fine, tired though. Hey, do you want to help me today?" He looked excited at the idea.

"It depends, what are we doing?"

My grandmother came and put a big plate of food in front of me. "Well, today he will be fixing and cleaning the barn, cutting down that one tree, and fixing the well. Oh, and it would be great if you could mow the field, too, dear."

"Doesn't sound too bad. You up for it Lillian?"

"I guess." I shrugged s I started digging into the food.

We were walking across the field early in the morning towards the barn. I had never been in the field before, it was a stretch of green grass that looked like it went on forever, and little flowers were popping up everywhere. The red barn was just ahead.

It was one of those classic red, wooden barns with the giant white doors.

"I don't know why she keeps this thing. It's falling apart and she doesn't use it for anything." Inside there was nothing. It was just a black room with dirt covering the ground. "So, do you want to sweep the floor and I'll go fix the roof?" I nodded.

He walked across the empty space and grabbed a wooden broom and brought it over to me. "Ok, well I'll be back in a little while." I started as he strode out the huge doors.

I started sweeping as he hammered the roof. After about 20 minutes he stopped and I heard him climb down. He walked back in holding something behind his back. "Well, what do you have there?" I joked as he came close.

"These are for you," he held out a small bouquet of flowers he just picked from the field.

"Is this what I get for helping you today?"

"Well, those, and this." He said as he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me to him, pressing his lips softly to mine.