suffer of the silenced part 6- complete

The bright sun streamed in through my window the next morning, turning everything a golden color.

I sat up and stretched when I heard laughing coming from the kitchen. I got up and walked towards the source, and then I saw Landon sitting at the table. My grandmother was working at the wooden counter, cooking breakfast.

"Do you want seconds? I have a lot of work I want you to do today." She turned at saw me. "Good morning Lillian! Do you want something to eat?" Landon looked up from his plate and smiled at me. I walked over to the table and took the seat beside him.

"I would love some, I'm starving!" I said to her. I looked over towards Landon, "How are you this morning?"

"I'm fine, tired though. Hey, do you want to help me today?" He looked excited at the idea.

"It depends, what are we doing?"

My grandmother came and put a big plate of food in front of me. "Well, today he will be fixing and cleaning the barn, cutting down that one tree, and fixing the well. Oh, and it would be great if you could mow the field, too, dear."

"Doesn't sound too bad. You up for it Lillian?"

"I guess." I shrugged as I started digging into the food.

After I finished eating and got dressed, Landon led me out of the house to get to work.

We were walking across the field early in the morning towards the barn. Little flowers were popping up everywhere; they were wet and covered my legs in water. The red barn was just ahead. It was one of those classic red, wooden barns with the giant white doors. Landon turned to the left, closer to the woods surrounding the fields.

"Okay, so first the well."

A stone well sat in front of the trees. Pieces of rocks crumbled and fell towards the ground. The wood at the top was cracked and a bucket tied onto a rope sat on the ground next to it.

Landon pulled a hammer and some nails from the box he was carrying. "Do you mind holding these?" He asked, holding out the nails.

I held out my hand and he dropped them into it. He stood on the edge of the well and started working. I handed him materials whenever he asked for them and after a few minutes we finished.

"Looks good" I said.

"Oh yeah!" He reached into his pocket and held something out towards me. I opened my hand and gave me a penny. "Want to make a wish?"

"Woah, a carpenter and a fairy god mother!" He laughed as I walked towards the well.

I closed my eyes and thought of a wish. 'I wish that Kris and my mm are safe. And that Landon likes me.' I opened my hand and dropped the coin, hearing a plunk as it hit the bottom a couple of seconds later.

"Are you not going to make a wish?" I asked as I walked back over.

"I already got it." He said.

"Well what was it?"

"Well, you're noisy." He smiled at me, "Actually, it was spending time with you."

I bowed my head and blushed.

He laughed at my expression. "Okay, now towards the barn."

We walked in silence until we reached the barn.

"I don't know why she keeps this thing. It's falling apart and she doesn't use it for anything." Inside there was nothing. It was just a black room with dirt covering the ground. "So, do you want to sweep the floor and I'll go fix the roof?"

I nodded, still not sure if I could speak.

He walked across the empty space and grabbed a wooden broom and brought it over to me. "Ok, well I'll be back in a little while." I stared as he strode out the huge doors.

I started sweeping as he hammered. After about twenty minutes he stopped and I heard him climb down the roof. He walked back in holding something behind his back.

"Well, what do you have there?" I joked as he came close.

"See? You're so noisy! These are for you," he held out a small bouquet of flowers he just picked from the field, dirt crumbling onto the floor.

"Is this what I get for helping you today?"

"Well, those, and this." He said as he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me to him, pressing his lips softly to mine.

He held me there for a couple of minutes, then held he out at arms length.

"I am SO sorry! I don't know how that happened-" He stammered, blushing a deep red.

"Oh please, you aren't sorry" I said, smiling and lifting one eyebrow.

He straightened his shoulders and puffed out his chest, "You're right, I'm not. I have been wanting to kiss you for a while now."

I started laughing.

"Well, what's so funny?" He asked.

"You are like a fairy godmother!" I said between giggles.

A confused expression crossed his face.

"My wish was for you to like me, and it came true." I said matter-of-factly.

He smiled and pulled me into him by my waist, kissing me more passionately and confident.