suffer of the silenced part 24

"So, do I get to know yet?" Landon asked as he woke up.

"I guess, we are almost there anyways. So, we are going to go see mommy!" Ben said in a mocking tone.

"Why? She is just going to drive you crazy and then you are going to be in a bad mood." Landon replied.

"Because I want something to eat and Dahlia makes the best food. Plus I need to mom tell me just how much she hates me; it makes me feel all warm inside." Ben replied, smiling again.

"Ben, seriously, why are we going there?"

"Seriously Landon, I'm hungry. I want Dahlia's waffles." He turned towards me, "She is famous for them. They are delicious and I have been craving them for weeks."

The sun was just peeking above the horizon in the morning. Once he mentioned food I realized I was starving.

Landon had given up on trying to talk to Ben. Instead he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into him. I laid my head on his shoulders, breathing him in.

He kissed my forehead, "I love you." He whispered into my ear so Ben didn't hear him, probably s he didn't get a speech on how he was so tried of seeing us being all "lovey-dovey."

"Home sweet home!" Ben cried out as he pulled into the driveway. He jumped out the car and bolted towards the door. He opened it and I saw him take a sigh of relief.

Dahlia threw her arms around him and gave him and huge hug.

"Where have you been? I have missed you so much!" I heard her yell at him. "You haven't even called in what, like two months! What is your problem?" She smacked him on the arm and then hugged him again.

"Landon! Where did you go?" She shouted as she looked at the car. "You just decide to leave one day and tell no one where you are going! What happened to you? Why is your leg in a cast?" She ran to his side to help him in the house.

"Dahlia, I'm fine. I can finally walk by myself again. Look." He laughed.

She let go of him and he limped up the driveway. A look of relief crossed her face as she saw that her brother was ok. "I would hit you; too except it looks like you are hurt enough. Oh, hi. Lillian, right?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Uh, yeah, hey." I said. I was nervous under her gaze, afraid that she would blame me for her hurt brother.

"Well want to come in? Ben just asked me to make waffles; you can join us for breakfast if you want." She said. "Yeah come on Lillian." Landon chimed in and held out his hand for me.

We went inside the house and heard people yelling.

"Don't talk to me in that tone young man!" A woman roared. She had her hair in a messy bun and had a silk black robe on and she looked exactly like Ben.

"Then don't tell me how much I have messed up this time! Don't act like you even know me anymore." He yelled back.

"Mom, Ben. Please stop, we have company." Dahlia said in a calm voice.

The woman whirled around and glared at me. "Who the hell are you?" she asked.

"That's Lillian, mother. Why don't you have just a little respect for anyone and try to be nice." Ben said.

"There is just no dealing with you! I'm leaving!" She grabbed her shoes and stomped out of the house, slamming the door behind her.

Instantly I felt the tension in the room lift. "Thank god!" Ben yelled, falling to his knees and into a praying position.

Dahlia jumped onto his back and they tumbled over and started wrestling. Ben pinned her down. "Let me up or you don't get any waffles!" She said in between giggles.

He jumped up right away and helped her up. "I'm starving!" He said as he pushed her into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about my mother." Landon said looking down at me.

"It's fine. I'm hungry too though." I smiled up at him and he led me into the kitchen.