suffer of the silenced part 13

We were the only people on the road, no one could help us. No one would witness what was about to happen!

I slammed forward head hitting the dashboard, as my father hit the back of the truck with his car.

"Hold on!" Landon screamed as my father hit us again, harder this time.

Suddenly Landon swerved hard to the right and stomped hard on the brakes bringing the truck to a complete stop as my father sped past

"Are you okay?" Landon asked quickly as he turned the car sharply around.

"Yes, just go! He stopped!" My father turned his car around, ready to come back and hit us again. Landon sped off if the other direction, but my father's car was much faster than the beat-up truck and he caught up not ling after.

"He's insane!" I heard Landon yell to himself.

He was right, my father had gone crazy. We had to get out of here now. My father wanted me dead. He didn't care if he died in the process, just a long as I never took another breath.

"Turn here!" I shouted. Landon did and he dumped into the ditch and entered the woods, nearly crashing into the trees.

I pushed my door open and Landon followed. I knew these woods better than my father did; this was the only chance we had of him not finding us.

I heard my father slam the car door. This was just like when I ran away the first time. The only difference was that this time he wouldn't just give up.

"Lillian! I am tired of playing this stupid game! I am going to find you just give in now!" He yelled. He bent down and found a giant branch and hit it against a tree. It didn't splinter, he smile and nodded his head with approval. This is what he would use to kill me and Landon if he found us.

"Just stay close to me; I'll get us out of here." I whispered to Landon. "Just stay low." We crouched behind a large bush and crawled. I looked around, but saw my father no where.

Where had he gone? Where was he? I looked back at Landon. His face looked scared and confused, which I was sure mine mimicked. I turned back to look for my father, suddenly he was in front of me.

I froze. This was it. He smiled and lifted the branch above his head. "Goodnight, sweetheart." Was all he said.

He brought the stick down but I never felt the hit. Instead, the ground disappeared and I was flying through the air.

Landon had grabbed me and threw me out of the way. He took the impact of the branch. He collapsed under it. He brought the stick back up, but before he could bring it back down ran into him.

He hadn't expected it and fell hard to the ground; he hit his head on a massive rock. I heard his head smack against it. Blood started pouring from the impact.

I went back to Landon. "Can you walk?" He nodded weakly and stood. I ducked under his arm and helped him walk. His face contorted with pain.

Somehow we made it the car before my father had recovered from the blow. I put Landon in the passenger seat of my father's car and got in the driver's side.

I looked back and my father was still on the ground.

"Go to the hospital first. Then we can figure out where we are going." Landon said before he passed out.