suffer of the silenced part 14

We arrived at the hospital about 15 minutes later. I ran inside and went to the front desk.

"I need help getting someone inside." I said frantically. The woman behind the counter waved two men over and they followed me outside to the car. They grabbed Landon and carried him to a room.

I went back to the front desk in the main lobby.

"I need to use you phone now." I said to the woman. She just looked at me for a moment but finally slid the phone towards me.

I picked it up and dialed 911.

"9-1-1. What is your emergency?" A lady answered

"Hi. My father fell in the woods and hit his head on a rock. He was bleeding a lot and might need medical help." I said in a calm voice.

"Are you there with him now?" The lady asked.

"No. I left because he was trying to kill me." I knew I probably sounded crazy, but I really didn't care at this point, "It might be best if you don't bring him to the St. Andrews Hospital, but if you do please bring police to guard his room. He is in the woods next to Barrow Road. Thanks." I hung up the phone and slid it back towards the receptionist.

"Do you need to see the doctor, too?" She asked me, giving me a concerned look.

"Yes, I hurt my arm. When he can see me you can find me in room 245." I said as I turned to go.

I finally reached room 245 and went inside. Landon lay on the bed like a doll that had bed thrown there.

He looked so broken. His chest rose and fell with each shallow breath that he took. I pulled a chair next to his cot and took his hand.

"What did they say, honey?"

Landon had become conscious while the two men were carrying him. "My leg and shoulder are broken. I have multiple fractures in this arm," he tried lifting his right arm, but nothing happened. His arm was twisted in places and bent in directions that normal should not exist. "But I'm fine. Are you okay Lillian?"

It was amazing. Through all of his pain and suffering, he still put me first. He still cared about me more than he did about himself.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." I looked at him, he was about to protest but I cut him off before he had the chance to start. "I love you so much. You are the only person I care about. You need to worry about yourself, not me." I choked back a sob as my eyes watered, "Why did you take that hit? You should have run! Anyone else would have left me, but you didn't! You are the single most amazing, wonderful, and brave person I have ever known," I was starting to rant, and now he cut me off.

"He would have killed you! And there was no way I was going to leaving you!" he quoted me from he car.

"I love you so much!" I said.

"I love you, too." He smiled at me.

I leaned over and kissed him softly on the lips.

The doctor came in. "Ok, here is some medicine that will help with pain. It will make you sleepy so we will leave you while you rest," he said while he looked at me, gesturing for me to leave. He walked over and gave Landon a shot in his arm.

I held his hand as his eyes closed. "It's best that he gets his sleep now. If you follow me I can check your arm and get you back in here before he wakes up." he said as he ushered me into another room.