suffer of the silenced part 26

I was sitting on the floor with Dahlia sitting cross-legged on the couch behind me.

"Almost done." She said as she worked gel and foam into the heap hair on the back of my head. I had never done anything with my hair. I ever let it fall where it did after I brushed it or wore it in a ponytail. I didn't even know what a lot of the things she was using were supposed to do.

"And... Perfect! Don't look yet! Okay?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips and giving me a stern look like a mother would give a naughty child.

"Yes ma'am!" I said as I shook my head.

"Don't do that, it could mess up your hair." She yelled as she ran out of the room.

Dahlia decided that it would be fun to dress me up for Landon. She was going all out; hair, make-up, nails, which were a dark red. My mother had never taught me how to do any beauty stuff. I never wore make-up, mostly because I didn't have any, or had my nails painted. The only time I dressed up like this was when I was going to a dance in middle school, which my father told me I couldn't go to because he had other plans for me.

"Alright. So, you would probably look best in green, don't you think?" She walked across the room with a large metal case and sat in front of me. She popped open the lid a pulled out a small container. "You are going to look so beautiful! Landon is going to be speechless!" She squealed as she rubbed something across my nose and cheeks.

"You think so?" I loved the idea of Landon thinking I was gorgeous and wanting me.

"Oh yeah! Okay, now close your eyes." I felt her brush something across my eyelids.

"Thanks Dahlia." I said.

"No problem! I've wanted to do makeovers for such a long time. I tried on Landon a few times, but he was a hideous girl. Open and look up."

I did as she instructed.

"Okay, finishing touches. Pucker your lips." She pulled out a light pink lipstick and ran it over my lips. "Done! Now we just need an outfit and then you will be ready for a photo shoot."

Dahlia grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs into her bedroom.

Everything was pink, any little girls fantasy. Pink carpet, pink curtains, pink bed. She walked across the room and walked into the single biggest closet I have ever seen. It was bigger than my whole bedroom and filled wall to wall with clothes. Shoes, belts, and purses covered the floor.

"This will look amazing on you! I think it should fit, we look the same size." She pulled out a light green cashmere sweater and a short white skirt. "Shoes, we need shoes! Ah-ha!" She picked up a pair of back ankle boots. "Okay, go try them on." She handed me the clothes and pointed towards a door in the back of the closet.

I walked towards it and pulled the door open and was stunned. The bathroom was bigger than the closet, and pinker than the bedroom.

"Don't look in the mirror!" I heard Dahlia call from outside.

I turned my back towards the mirror and pulled off my shirt and pants. The sweater was low cut, showing a lot of cleavage, and the skirt was short, showing a lot of leg. I pulled on the boots and opened the door.

"Perfect! You look stunning!" She gasped.

She walked into the bathroom and took a small bottle of the counter and grabbed my wrists. She sprayed each once and then my neck. A smell of flower hit my nose, making me slightly dizzy.

"And we are done!"She walked behind my and put her hands over my eyes, careful not to mess up my make-up and led me back into the bathroom.

"Tada!" She screamed as she removed her hands. I looked in the mirror and screamed. I couldn't even recognize myself. I looked tall and striking. I long blonde hair fell in curls over my shoulders, half of it pilled eloquently on top of my head. My face was blemish-free and gorgeous. I looked busty and tan and tall and.... Beautiful.

"Dahlia! This is amazing!" I said.

A huge smile spread across her face. "Really?"

I nodded my head in astonishment. I heard a door slam down stairs.

"He's here!" We said at the same time. Footsteps ran up the stairs and into the room.

"Dahlia? Lillian? I have great news!" I heard Landon call. He ran in the closet but stopped short when he saw me. "Wow." He gasped under his breath.

"What is it Landon?" Dahlia asked.

He ignored her and walked towards me. "I never thought you could be more gorgeous." He shook his head in disbelief as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "You look like an angel, except I don't think any angel could even compare to you." He whispered.

I felt myself begin to blush, which made him smile. He leaned down and kissed me.

Ben entered the room next. "Hey guys, guess what just happened? Oh my god! What did you do to her Dahlia?"

"What? Do you not like it?" She asked.

"No, she looks amazing! Way better than Landon did." Ben started laughing at his own joke, Dahlia and Landon joined in. "So let's go downstairs! You'll never guess who's there!" He turned and walked out of the room with Dahlia following.

"He's right, you do look amazing. Perfect." He kissed me again, only pulling apart after Ben yelled for us to come along.

He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.