suffer of the silenced part 16

After a couple of days the doctor said that Landon was aloud to lave the hospital. He was on crutches and a ton a medication to help with pain though.

We got in his rusty truck, which I had to drive since he couldn't.

"So where exactly are we suppose to go?" I asked Landon before I started driving.

"Well, we can't go to my house because your grandmother probably told him where I lived. We can't go to her house. I'm not risking us going back to your house. Any suggestions?" he asked.

"Nope, I'm stuck." I sighed.

"Well, we could go to my father's house. Your grandmother knows where he lives though." Suddenly his face lit up. "Ben just got a new apartment! He told me I could come and visit whenever, we could go there!"

I let out a breath, so relieved. "Thank God" and murmured under my breath. "So, where do we go?" I asked out loud.

He gave me the directions and I started the car.

"We're in this together, you know. There is no way I'm leaving you." He said, reassuring me.

I had been worried about that. I was thinking that he might have been thinking that I was too much trouble and he would be way better off without me.

"You are too amazing. Thank you so much." I gave him a smile. "I am so sorry for everything I am putting you through-"

"Don't say that. I would do anything for you. I was doomed from the very first moment I saw you." He started laughing.

I knew he was joking, but I couldn't help but believe it.

"You know, it's really funny." He started. "I never actually thought that love-at-first-sight existed, I made fun of people that said it did. But from the moment I saw you, I couldn't get you out of my head. This might sound creepy, but I went to bed that night thinking about you. I couldn't wait until the next day so I could see you.

"I had really started hating my life, I'm sure your grandmother told you by now, but I have a really messed up family. Probably not as bad as yours," he through an apologetic smile at me "but still pretty bad.

"I want to just be done with it, just give in. That night in the car, I as thinking about how I was going to do it, kill myself I mean. But then I came across the prettiest girl I had ever seen and just had to talk to her." He was looking off at nothing, lost in the memory.

"And I started talking to her, and she just amazed me. She made me forget any bad thought that had ever come into my mind. She made me want to live, made me want to cherish every breath I took.

I stopped the truck and leaned over the seat. I couldn't hear anymore of this. I didn't even want to think about not having Landon somewhere in the world.

I kissed him on his mouth. He came back to the present and kissed me back, running his hands through my hair and pulled me onto his lap.

He started kissing my neck. "Landon, I love you."

He pulled away and cupped my face in his hands. "I love you more than anything. I would do anything for you." Tears welled up in his eyes. I reached up and wiped them away before they had the chance to fall.

"You would never even think about doing anything like that now, would you?" I asked, searching his eyes for the answer.

"Not as long as I have you." He pulled my face towards his, kissing me softly on the lips again. I reached under his shirt and tried to pull his shirt off. He broke the kiss. "Maybe we should get going."

I stared at him, tears stinging my eyes again. I thought he loved me. If he did, didn't he want to be with me?

He saw the pain from his rejection on my face. "Lillian, I want you to be sure."

"I am though!" I said, pleading with him.

"Then if you're sure I want it to be romantic and perfect, not in a truck on the side of the road." I turned away, still hurt. "Love, please don't be mad at me. I'm sorry."

I crawled off his lap and started the car again. "Whatever, it's fine. Why don't you go ahead and take your medicine."

He gave in and reached in his bag, pulling out a bottle of pills the doctor had given him. A couple minutes later he was fast asleep.

He was right; I wanted it to be special, too. This would be the first time I did anything like that with someone who wasn't my father.

But if he loved me, didn't he want me? Did it really matter where it was as long as we were together?

I went over everything in my mind until we got to the apartments.

"Landon, honey, wake-up. We're here." I shook him gently.

He woke up slowly, looking around confused.

"Uh, um, okay. Let's go then." He got out of the truck, stumbling.

"Wait a second. Just sit still for a minute." I opened my door and got the crutched out of the back and brought them to him.

"Oh, I forgot about those." He laughed and stood up again.

We walked up to his brother's room. I knocked on the door and a few moments later Ben appeared.

He looked exactly like Landon, except he was a little tall and had curly hair instead of the straight shaggy hair Landon had. You could tell he was a couple of years older.

"Landon? What happened to you?" He ran out of the door, not even noticing me, and gestured to his leg and arm.

"We got in some trouble. We thought maybe you could help?" Landon said.

"Of course! Whatever you need. Wait, we?" He looked confused and spun around and faced me. "Oh, hi. Um, I'm Ben. Who are you?"

"She's Lillian, my girlfriend. I'm sorry we just dropped by like this, but we didn't really have a choice."

"Dude, it's fine. But what happened?" He asked, still confused.

"Can we go inside and tell you, these crutches really hurt my arms." He smiled up at his brother who just laughed.

"Yeah, come on in." He helped his brother inside and held the door open for me.

The inside of the apartment was very small. Boxes were still stacked. I wasn't sure if three people could stay here, but I guess we would have to make it work, there was not really a second option.

Ben sat Landon down on a small red couch. "Now explain."

"Well, Lillian's father is crazy. He was trying to kill her, and me being the big superhero I am saved her." He said, smiling a huge smile, stifling a laugh.

"And why would he want to kill the damsel in distress? And how did you get involved anyway?" He asked.

"Well, she ran away and was going to tell everyone how much he sucked right, and she went back to try to get her mom and sister away from the douche, but then he showed up! And he was going to kill her but decided to beat me up instead."

I started smiling, I was glad that he didn't tell Ben the entire story.

"And I got involved when she ran away and I picked her up on the side of the road, and don't give me the whole 'That's dangerous and stupid' speech, Dahlia already did."

Ben was shaking his head, and then suddenly started laughing. He was laughing so hard he started crying.

"Oh my god Landon, how do you get in these situations? Y'all can stay here as long as you need to, but I have to go get ready for a date, later." He left the room, still laughing.

I looked at Landon and we both breathed a breath of relief.