suffer of the silenced part 21

I ran. I stood to my feet, dizzy from my fall, and stumbled up the stairs. I heard him following me, but I never looked back.

During the entire chase, he laughed. He loved it when the victim thought that they could survive, could get away from him.

I wasn't going to give in though; I would fight like I promised.

I ran into the bedroom Kris and I shared, slamming then locking the door. I stepped back just as my father rammed into it, making the entire house shake with the impact.

I looked around, trying to find either a way to escape or a weapon. I ran over to the window and tried to open it, but it wouldn't move. I looked closer and saw that it was nailed shut, probably after my first escape.

Lights put a spotlight on my again, making me shine in the small room. A car was pulling into the driveway and a dark figure jumped out of the passenger door and ran across the yard as the car drove away again.

My father hit the door again, making the wood splinter some; I knew if he hit it again it would probably explode; sending small, wooden splinters everywhere. As this was happening, I could tear my eyes away from the figure, which was now approaching the front door.

BAM!- the door exploded and there stood my father. He was bleeding from his shoulder and from his right cheek. Purplish bruises were already appearing on his skin. I screamed at the sight of him.

He ran towards me, tackling m into the wall. "This is it honey." He brought the knife close to my throat, running it across lightly so I could feel the sharp edge.

He stopped and pressed it down hard. All it would take was a quick swipe of his hand to kill me, but I had to keep fighting.

I kicked him hard in the knee, making him bend down and take the knife from my throat. I reached out and grabbed his hand, trying to wrench the knife away from him, but it was no use, he was too strong.

He pushed me again, onto the floor this time, and jumped on top of me. He pinned both my hands back with one of his, the other one was at my throat.

I could see his smile in the dark, white and glowing, ready to kill.

"I'm sorry Landon! I tried! Please forgive me! I love you!" I thought in my head, but what I did was pit in my father's face. His smile disappeared and a scowl formed, making me shiver slightly.

He smacked me hard. "You know, you have always run you mouth! Why don't we just put an end to that?" He pried my lips open and grabbed my tongue, pulling it out and the knife down to it.

I could feel and taste the cold metal. I screamed again, kicking and writhing beneath him, trying to throw him off balance, which made him laugh again.

I closed my eyes and braced myself; there was nothing I could do.

Suddenly, his weight was off of my though. I opened my eyes, he was just gone. I stood, ready to run, when I saw him in the corner of the room.

He was grunting in pain.

"Where. Is. My. Father?" He said between each hit to his face.

Landon had come. Landon had come to save me.

But then he fell back, and my father was on top of him. I rushed over, but was knocked aside quickly.

"Lillian! Get out of here!" I heard Landon shout.

I was looking for something to hit him with, something to get my father off of him.

"Get off my brother." A different voice, calm but warning, said. I looked in the doorway, and there stood Ben.