suffer of the silenced part 25

I went and sat down at the table next to Landon. Dahlia was at the counter stirring something in a bowl and Ben was sitting on the counter.

"Get off the counter! Sit at the table like a regular person!" Dahlia said as she hit Ben on the knee with a spoon.

He jumped down and sat in the chair next to me. "Are you happy to be home Landon?" He asked.

"Thrilled! I missed mom so much while we were gone!"

"Oh, me too. I forgot just how amazing she is." Ben replied.

"What about how amazing I am? I am the one making you breakfast after you left me alone with her!" Dahlia said.

"Dahlia, no one is as amazing as you are." Landon said. He turned towards me and mouthed "except for you."

"No couple stuff at the table!" Ben shouted. "So, after breakfast we can go get dad."

"You're leaving already? Can Landon at least stay this time? Or can I go with you? Please don't leave me here alone again!" Dahlia said. She looked at her brothers with such a pleading look that it would break anyone's heart.

"We'll be right back. I promise. We just go have to do something first." Landon replied.

"Can't I go with you?" She asked.

"No, it's too dangerous." Ben began, "You are Lillian can just stay here and we can figure out what to do after Landon, dad, and I get back, okay?"

"Not okay. Why can't I go?" I asked.

"Lil, it's too dangerous. What if your dad is there or something?" Landon said.

"I'm okay. I need to make sure my family isn't hurt or anything. I'm going."

"No, you're not. We can check on your family. If your family sees you she will want to keep you their. If we see them, we will take care of them. Sorry, you aren't going." Ben said. He had set his mind on me staying at their house with Dahlia and I knew it was pointless to argue.

"It'll be fun Lillian. We can just hang out and get to know each other." Dahlia said as she set a plate of waffles down. Ben grabbed half the stack and started stuffing them in his mouth.

"Yeah. I guess." I said.

"So, where did he say dad was?" Landon asked.

"In the barn." Ben said with his full mouth.

"Okay, after we go get him we can go check the main house and see if her family he's their." Landon said.

"Well let's get going then. Thank you for the amazing breakfast Dahlia." Ben said. He had already finished all of his waffles and was walking towards the door.

Landon grabbed a few for the ride over and followed him.

"Lillian, we will be back in just a little while. I'm sorry." He pulled me up from my chair and into a hug. "I love you."

He pressed his lips to my forehead. "We will be back soon, hopefully with both our families." He kissed me and then walked out of the kitchen.

I stood where he left me until I heard the door close and the car slowly drive away.

"So, what should we do first?" Dahlia asked as she roped her arm through mine.