05 || 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

We are so far from Hopeswell and we don't have a clue what's going on there. Perhaps, the infected are wandering around while they are on fire.

Since it's the month of January, the seasons are becoming very bipolar. One day, it'll rain, then it'll snow the next few days.

As we left the RV, Raphael leads us through the ice rain to begin our own search party for Leonardo and the rest of the group. On the side, we were hoping to find Donnie along the way.

Now, Emma is left alone in the RV, but she is still with her cousin, Luke, and the people of Hopeswell. Luke doesn't know we went out on our own-- we're not coming back.

As mutants, we believe that it's best to focus on finding a new place and building our own community. If that's possible... Being around too many humans only makes us nervous and it'll eventually cause problems.

As we walk, Criss blew out her first words of the mission. "I think we should spread out to cover more ground." She says to Raph.

"I don't know if that'll work out," Kri said, not sure of the idea. "This group is small. There are eight of us. If we split, we'll become vulnerable."

"I agree." Faith said. "Surviving together is stronger."

"Well, I hate to be an ass to you all, but Regan and I want to search for Donnie. The rest of you can search for Leo." I boasted.

"Osa, we stay together." Raph corrected. "We'll find him. I promise that."

Promise... Donnie promised me so many things. Now he isn't with us. "Yeah, well, Donnie promised me things, too, Raph. Don't make promises you can't keep."

Regan nodded. "Who put you in charge?" She asked him.

"I put myself in charge," Raphael growls through his teeth. The tone he used does its best to correct our choices, it did nothing to reduce our opinions.

"There's a lot of tension going on here," Clem comments, crossing her arms.

Being a couple of stubborn girls, Regan and I compare our sizes to Raph. Mikey didn't like the look of this at all and decided to step in between the three of us. "Okay, that's enough." He said. "If Leo were here, he wouldn't want us to split up at a time like this."

"Leo isn't here, Mikey." Regan reminded him. "I'm my own person. So is, Osa. Whether you like it or not, Raph, Osa, and I are hauling ass to find Donnie." Regan began the walk back to Hopeswell, and I was following her.

"Guys, this isn't a game!" Clementine says, making Regan and I turn around.

I was just waiting for Raph to say something to get us to stop. After many seconds passing by, he says nothing to me and Regan. But I needed to look back to make sure he was okay. He stares at me, and I nodded at him once as a temporary goodbye.

Of course, he will be following us for a short time.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Leo filled his magazine inside his gun with the ammo he had leftover. He put the piece back in and clacks the handgun-- it's ready to be used. He and the other four members of the group made it back to the community last night, seeing the damage.

It's all gone.

Patience stuck to her brother's side with Rocksteady and Kitty behind them. Leonardo put his eyes on the clinic, the houses beside it, then the other side where his home was destroyed.

"Where is everyone?" Leo wondered as he scanned the burned shelters. Some are still burning with very few flames.

"They got out." Casey protested while pointing at the semis in the back of the community. "The trailers are pushed out of the way. The bus is gone, too."