21 || 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍

𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"I hope you guys remember how to shoot," Mikey said walking toward the cellar doors.

Vv scoffed at my sentence. "Uh, duh. I know how to shoot."

Well, it has been a while since I've shot a gun and defended myself and others from people we don't know. I'm sure Mikey and Regan haven't dealt with anything like this before because of their attitude toward it. For some reason, Mikey is looking around like he doesn't know where the exit is.

Yeah, they don't know what they're doing. But I sure know what to do.

I sighed in great annoyance because Michelangelo said he could become a leader and take care of things himself. Heck, he can't even find the first step to defending this place.

Regan didn't hesitate to try and open the cellar doors to expose herself and possibly get shot. She clacked her gun to ready herself and peeks outside. Nothing is there. So she decided to make a bolt for the outside, leaving me, Duke, and Mikey still in the cellar. Man, this chic isn't afraid of anything.

I was ready for this. I pulled back the arrow on my crossbow and signaled at my boyfriend to be ready to head out.

He nodded. "Stay by me," Duke said, walking up the steps of the cellar.

"I thought I was the one you follow." I chuckled at him, following after and stopping right away. Mikey was holding his gun in his hand, staring at it.

I walk up to him and asked what was the matter. "Mikey, what's going on?"

"I-I never killed someone before..." His eyes met mine. "I-I can't do it."

Great... That is what I thought. This is going to be hard for someone like him.

"What?" Duke exclaimed. "We've been living this way since August of 2016 and you haven't killed anyone?"

"Duke!" I shout at him, turning back to Michelangelo. I could tell he wasn't ready for this. "Mikey, I know you won't like the feeling of killing someone. But this is how we live now..." I paused and look at the exit where Duke waited. My eyes go back to Mikey. "How about you try not to kill them. Just knock them out. Try to remember that they will not hesitate to kill you."

Michelangelo nodded silently. I guarantee that he will have a hard time after this fight.

****

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I feel bad for Mikey because he's never done anything like this before. I got used to it over time and I still hate the idea of having to eliminate anyone who tries to hurt me. Right now I'm hiding in an alleyway to avoid being seen. My face is covered in charcoal, my body is low, and I am silent while I listen to anything nearby.

As I stayed out here by myself, I noticed that the chatter from the men are nowhere to be heard... maybe they left. Or they know we're here and they're waiting for us to come out. Now I'm debating if I should stand up and casually walkout in the clearing.

Sometimes the wind would blow in my ears to send messages of where these bandits might be. I'm thinking they're hiding in shops or they found our other safe house.

For a second I thought it was an animal, a tree, or a bush but it was something coming directly across the street. It was a voice. I ducked lower near a building and peek my head out to see if anything will pop. There is nothing there and all of this nonsense is causing me to lose focus.

"Come on out..." I dared to whisper sharply to anyone listening for a very puny sound.

****

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕