16 || 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Kristen lightly brushed two fingers across her bite that stained her arm permanently. It's healed completely but she was self-conscious sometimes because of the way it looks. It's pink, grew a few minor yellow blisters, and dried up with the oddest coating of skin. Then, it had that shape of a human bite... Kristen wondered this: if she is bitten and immune, does she pass that immunity on to her baby?

If that theory is right, and she died, Kristen would have passed the 'antidote' on to her child. That means the baby will grow up and become a walking source of new life, new hope. Something like this-- just thinking about it worried Kri because she feared that she may not get to be in her baby's life... Not only that, she won't be here with Raphael.

Whenever I looked at her, she looked so sad, so angry and confused, too. A mother's love is so strong, but it made her feel vulnerable sometimes.

****

𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The deer's blood trail had been dropped on dead leaves, bush branches, logs, and ending near the neighborhood we were in. At least I didn't have to drag the spike back for ten minutes.

Patience and Vv were close behind me with their bows and arrows as I crouched to the body of our dinner. My bullet entered the rib cage very well, making a clean shot through the other side.

"Great job." Patience praised me, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks. You two go back to the house, I'll drag it back. It ain't far."

"Are you sure?" Vv asked me.

"Yeah. Look." I pointed forward. "The others are over there. See the houses?"

Both girls can see the white wall behind a couple of trees. It's a very easy walk back without running into harm.

"Okay. Just don't take too long." Patience started for the house. I sighed, nearly tasting the deer in my mouth. I don't think I can stand another few minutes without having some food in my system.

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's great to see the world hasn't taken away Leonardo. He's a little bit weak and that didn't stop him from having a conversation. "How do you feel?" Criss asked Leonardo.

He took it a step higher by sitting up on the couch. Leo looks different now that he has one less limb. His nub sits still on his rib cage, dark blood soaking through. I definitely felt his pain.

Leo shrugged at his girlfriend. "The same, but it'll be a challenge." He softly said as the front door flung open. Vv and Patience returned alone-- that alarmed Kri.

"Where is Raph?" She stood up cradling her bump underneath her jacket.

"Oh, Raph got a deer." Patience smiled, putting her hands on her hips. "We're gonna be eating tonight."

"That's great. We won't have to worry about starving." Clem gives a short laugh. "Hey, Kristen. That baby of yours will be getting a full meal."

Kristen chuckled and had to agree with a single nod. She is too small for four months alone. Getting some meat back on her will give her the correct size.

Later in the day, the sun had gone down and by that time, everyone was sharing stories and eating cooked meat. Sometimes I took it raw. Yes, very raw. A few of us laughed, giggled, and playfully bonded with one another, creating a family. We tried our best to forget about the weirdos that hung around outside.