11 || 𝐖𝐄'𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐑

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

During the night, Osa was looking through some old memories, remembering the things that still haunt her to this very moment. Soon, those nightmares brought her into a slumber.

The Past
𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

"It's been about three months after the infection had begun," Donnie said marking his calendar and placing the red cap of his marker back on. He never had a smile come upon his face since everything started. "It's incredible that no one is doing anything about it."

Then, gunshots echoed and the sound of sharp rings bounced off the sewer pipes. The military above the surface is gunning the infected and possibly the living who avoid all trouble.

"I'm glad they haven't found their way down here," Leo said as his brother nodded by his computer wall. "Or else things won't go well for us."

"I suddenly remember the note we found in the apartment. What a stressful life we have now." Donnie said, getting out of his chair and sitting on the cold floor. He didn't mind it.

"A lot more stressful than before." Leonardo welcomed himself to sit in Donnie's skateboard chair.

Don hugged his knees to his chest and wipes his itchy, runny nose.

"You think they're still making a cure?" Leo asked Donnie.

Don shook his head at Leo. "No. I don't think so."

Leo still saw that Donnie had the same answer as before. "Have some faith, Don."

"I do. Faith that I hope we'll stay alive down here."

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

It's getting colder and colder every day. For some reason, it seems the military numbers are shrinking. Not a lot of soldiers patrol the usual areas, rarely any shooting, civilians are never around, and soon it was quiet.

Since I never heard the routine of military orders, gunfire, or cries of pain, I got something else. From time to time I'd hear yells from a group of bandits and always kept away. Throwing beer bottles, or messing with the infected, evil laughs. These men are at a high level of crazy.

But I had the streets to myself now.

****

𝐂𝐥𝐞𝗺𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Another day at school where I can be picked on for who I am as a teenager. It isn't my fault I'm this way!

Sometimes I wish I can just show people what I'm really made of, so they'll leave me alone, but it isn't such a good idea to use my powers that way or the police will be knocking on my house door.

Where I spend my life is here in the wonderful home of Mexico. I live with a family of four; mom, dad, my brother, and I in a large house that is surrounded by forestry and rain clouds.

Unfortunately for me and my family, the quiet disappeared forever after today...

Watching my parents die on the first day of the infection. And after that, my brother.