26 || 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

𝐋𝐞𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The plan is set. Faith, Casey, and Patience are keeping an eye on the other side of the town. I and the others watch from the side we approached when first finding the town. We had this thought out, making sure that Clem was watched from different angles.

If Master Splinter taught us one thing about the outside, it was to trust no one that beats up other men for fun. These guys are dangerous. They are wasting supplies that they have and think will find them again the next day. They are swearing like sailors, drinking, smoking, and doing whatever they wanted to keep themselves entertained. There are about five of them from my angle.

"How many do you see, Criss?" I sharply whisper to her.

She mouthed to herself as she counted on her spot on the fence. "Three."

That's eight men. It's up to Clem's drama skills to do their best act.

****

𝐂𝐥𝐞𝗺'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

On my way to the town exit, there were tire tracks heading out my opposite direction. They looked fresh. I pay no attention to them and focus on acting out an unhealthy human. I limped, forced a few coughs, waved, and yelled out. "Help! Please!" I faked.

Now that I came out here, I regret it. Two men are standing in front of a store and saw me right away.

'Okay, Clem, don't mess this up...' I say in my head. Speaking to myself in my head, giving my brain little pep talks are not working but it's all I got to attempt a cool mood.

One man in a sweater and beanie ran up with the second man who wore all a black sweater and pants.

"Help me, please!" I call out again.

I can't describe how relieved I was when they grabbed me and tried to do what they could to "help". Now it was time for Leo and the others to do their part.

****

𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬' 𝐏𝐎𝐕

They took the bait. Clem is now being brought to the bonfire near my side of the town. Leo told me to use my second soul, Adrien to look around the area as Clem is set down in a chair. "Come on, Clem." I heard Leo whisper.

Adrien and I see nothing in these buildings. Everything is cleaned out and I promise Osa isn't in here-- she would have escaped this place without a problem. These rooms in a safe house are filthy, not worth living in, and don't hold any sign of kidnapping a girl. I blink away Adrien and confirm Osa isn't here. At least not on this side of town. "Not here." I shake my head.

"Possess," Leo says. I haven't done that in a long time. And it is a lot riskier because men are walking around and can suspect anything out of the ordinary. But Leo is my leader. My leader. I do what he says. I look through the wired fence and pick a target, one that is not very close to the group and eventually will wander off. I got him... a short man, a white T-shirt, a cap, and jeans. He's drinking all alone.

I can feel Adrien digging into his body, making his vision fade until I got the man's view in my head. "Careful, Adrien. You can't touch other people when you're in control." I said, making the man stand up from the chair.

Carefully... I walked him to the other side of the town with no issues.

****

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I don't know why Clem did this. We got eyes from Criss! What was the reason to send Clementine in there? I don't see one. SHe's literally one of my best friends and if something were to happen to her, I don't know how I would be able to move on.