25 || 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Are you kidding?" I scoffed at the sight, so astonished at this lit-up toy waiting to be played again. Mikey and Regan approach with no problem and so do I and Duke.

All of our worries and sad thoughts were forgotten when he laid our eyes on this what looks like an ancient carousel full of chipped horses. At this point, we didn't care if we made too much noise.

While Regan stepped behind the control panel, the three of us; myself, Duke, and Mikey step onto the little up ride.

"This is weird but cool," Mikey says, mounting a hard plastic horse with armor dressed on it, holding on to the golden pole. I could tell he was beyond excited because of that smile-- I've never seen it so wide.

I got on a black horse and Duke mounted a brown one. "Ain't this cool, guys? We get this thing to ourselves." I did a little wiggle in the seat.

"I'll give it a go," Regan says turning a key and pressing a red button to start up the engine in the horse ride. We all felt a light jolt before it went forward. It slowly got its groove on and creaked as it picked up speed.

"This is just like old times," Duke commented beside me.

Regan laughed behind the controls and Mikey didn't want her missing out so he encouraged his friend to hop on. She came away from the buttons and levers to join the fun on the horses, and she had one of those rare smiles, too.

"Oh, wow!" She giggled on a plastic giraffe.

The four of us were laughing and joking around on the carrousel for a few more seconds until finally, the old machine died on us.

We've been through so much to survive in the harshest moods and we all finally reach a moment where we didn't have to worry about anything. I have to say it is better than nothing. Michelangelo let out a groan when his first ride crashed, but at least he enjoyed it for a few seconds.

"Ugh, why couldn't it go on a little longer?" Mikey whined on the horse seat, picking at the worn-out paint with his fingernail.

Duke shrugged at him to say the obvious. "Old motor, man. I'm glad we gave it one last run." He says, dismounting the plastic horse and walking off the carousel. My boyfriend sighed in his spot and checks the available rounds in his gun-- it was loaded. "Come on, guys. I think its time we keep looking for supplies and get outta here."

Mikey and Regan got off and so did I to follow Duke to wherever he will lead us. This time it was automatic when we split into two-man teams again. I'm with Regan and Mikey partnered up with Duke. The four of us scavenge on the top floor, unaware of what's hiding in the stores.

****

𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Faith has been sniffing out for anything unusual since we found Osa's watch. So far, nothing but twigs, rocks, and nature. She's the only help we got in order to save O before she is either killed or... I can't think about that.

She's was my friend from the very beginning and it would be a real shame if she never made it back to us. But from what I have seen from her, Osa always finds a way to return home. Just thinking about her makes me want to tear up.

My brother tapped my shoulder as we followed the white fox to wherever she is taking us. "Youre missing her, huh?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "I know me and Osa had some beef a few months back but she's still my friend."

"I understand," Casey smirked at me.

Then, I see Raph trying to keep Kri alive in his arms, talking to her and testing out his jokes. Kristen smiled a few times but just kept her eyes closed. Every day she gets weaker and weaker. By the time she gives birth, it'll be over for her. That's guaranteed.