22 || 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The second I saw the first guy peeking out, I let my first bullet fly. Luckily, that bullet hit him because he yelled bloody murder once it struck him. I throw myself against a broken-down car to take cover. As I hid, I started to take various guesses of where the men might be hiding. They communicated by giving each other signals or just plain telling them to go around one side or the other.

"I saw a girl!" One called.

He saw me. This is just great. I've already been seen and my next high hope is that the others haven't been caught either. Duke, Vv's boyfriend snuck carefully toward me.

"Hey." He breathed. "How many do you see?"

"Too many," I replied, checking my gun's supply of ammo. Something is bound to happen during this little war we're having here in Mikey and I's town.

"Bring out the dogs!" Another called.

Duke and I exchange looks at those words that were just announced. They have dogs?!

Soon, the whines and barks were setting Duke and I on edge. We were in deep trouble now.

****

𝐂𝐥𝐞𝗺'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I think I have made my decision. I no longer want to stay in this house. For my next mission, if I do plan one; I want to find my friends if they are still out there. But will others come with me?

To me, it seems like Leonardo isn't saying much. Casey and Patience are standing beside each other, talking quietly. And Criss is speaking with Leo in his little corner next to the front door. He looks grey behind that blue mask of his like he has forgotten who he was as a leader. Ever since Mikey and Regan ran off, and Raph left with everyone else, Leo is nothing but a silent reptile. He'll only talk if someone asked him a question.

"Leo?" Criss said. "Are you okay?"

He didn't answer. But I added in for Criss. "Leonardo, I'm leaving to find everyone else. Pittsburg is probably not a great shot and finding the group is the best option for us. We need to be a family again."

"He ain't gonna answer, Clementine." Patience, Casey's mutant lizard sister told me.

"You guys don't have to worry about me," I told them all. "I'll be okay. I'm gonna find everyone else."

Patience glances at Casey who is all ears when they heard that I was going to go look for everyone else. He spoke, "You're gonna look for Raph?"

"Yeah," I said.

"I'll go with you. We've been through a lot at Hopeswell, so why not take another adventure?" He smiled at me.

"You're willing to leave your sister, Leo, and Criss here?"

"Well, no." He looked at the other three behind him. "I'd like them to come with."

Patience sighed. I could easily tell that she is confused about whether to come with me and Casey or stay here and do nothing. That's all we ever do now. From the sound of Criss' tone as she spoke to Leo, it sounds like she's down to join us but she wants Leo's answer, too. I look back at Patience to see if she was on board with Casey and I.

"Okay, let's do it." The mutant lizard said.

"Great." I grinned ear to ear.

"But we gotta wait for Criss and Leo." She says.

****

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I'd rather be fighting off the Foot Clan than these idiots... I hope I don't run into another one of these guys because I can't be a killer. I just can't. There must be some other way, there has to be.