29 || 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐏

𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's very interesting that I have been rescued. Now that I have a family, I look back on my father, sister, and my brother who I used to live with. I was the oldest. Ever since they died I have been alone... But not all the way.

My black German Shepherd, Sunny has been my best friend through this whole thing. He's the most loyal and protective friend I've got.

It's quite terrifying out there and honestly staying inside the back of this truck with a fabric cover is even more terrifying. I try not to breathe so I can hear what is outside, there's nothing... Yet.

Mikey and Regan were right next to each other and Sunny cuddled to my chest.

There was no way I was going to close my eyes. Not tonight at least. The grassy fields on the side of the highway rustle, light stomps, and soon came too close to the truck. My breath shook and Sunny opened up his eyes and growls at whatever snooped outside. I pet his neck gently for comfort and hope for whatever was snooping around will go away. "Shh... It's okay, Sun." I faintly say.

I thought it was weird for me to have the patience to try and wait for a sound to come to my ear. I was so tired that I actually dozed off and didn't notice until morning.

When the sun came up, Michelangelo took off the blanket from the truck's roof and the sun blinded me right away.

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Rise and shine." He says, hopping out from the back and knocking his fist on the glass window. Duke and Vv flinched when that sudden noise woke them up from their sleep. Regan yawns and so do I. Another day in this messed up world.

"Hey, no infected last night." Mikey smiled.

"I didn't get a lot of sleep," I said, laying a hand on my dog. "Something snuck around here."

"I didn't hear anything." Said Regan. I can see that she is the girl who is almost becoming the leader of the group. Just by the way she acts gives it way.

Vv exits the burnt-out truck, still holding her stump to her chest. She gave us a small update about her fresh injury. "My stump still hurts yet the bleeding stopped a bit."

"Good." Mikey nodded. He brought a hand up above his eyes to block the sun and looks ahead to the road in front of us. "We better get going. We might hit a suburb or something."

I'm still a little shy around these guys. I may have said some things but it doesn't mean I've already warmed up to them.

It's sort of funny to have a mutant turtle as my group leader. From what I have seen from Mikey, I can somewhat tell that he used to be childish and scared of everything that touched him. Last night he mumbled in his sleep about playing his guitar, pranking his brother... Or something like that. And then it shifted to a nightmare because he was squirming in his sleep and muttering, "No no no."

Poor guy. This planet changed him in the most hurtful way.

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Sleeping in the truck wasn't the best. I give it a one-star rating out of five. As I stretched out my back and cracked my neck to wake myself up and feel good, I walk around the truck. This is the moment I found prints on the asphalt.

Muddy 'U' shaped prints that went for the plains on my right side. I know what this is and they are absolutely worth catching. "Horses?"

"What was that?" I hear Mikey say.