10 || 𝐌𝐀𝐏𝐒

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Perhaps taking watch tonight will benefit me because it'll take the negative things away from my mind. I guess I'm supposed to believe we're officially safe from all violence and enemies, but a mental side note is telling me everything isn't over.

In my honest opinion, I think Vincent and Duke are strange. Why? They just surrendered without any problems. I still understand they've been through a lot and will eventually want to stop the fights between the living.

Peering out of the window, I felt the wind blow through my hair, laying my arms on the windowsill. This is going to be a long night. And just when I thought I wasn't going to see anyone until the morning, Clementine came upstairs to greet me. "Osa. You doing okay?" She asked.

I glance up at her. "Uh, yeah. What's going on with Vv and Duke?"

"Not much." Clem shrugged. "Criss and Leo are watching them downstairs." She sits in the other chair as I glance outside."

"Mm...I um, about that phone call. It was my family, and everyone we knew before they--" I stopped while staring into space and then making eye contact with Clementine. "I know it's not really them, but it's gotta mean something, you know..."

"It was them on the phone?" Clem wanted to clarify with me.

I nodded while tilting my head to the window and see the dark sky. "Yeah..." I say.

"Do you see them now?" She asked me.

I shook my head at her. "No..."

She frowns and her eyes lit up with an answer. "You're looking for 'em."

"I'm waiting," I said.

"For what?"

"I don't know. Something. There's an answer. I know it doesn't make sense, I mean it can but--"

"You need rest..." Clementine told me, "It's basically an issue if you keep looking back on the past."

"How?"

"Because it's-- it's over with. Seeing things that aren't there, hearing voices over a broken phone, you need to move on from everything."

"It's hard, though," I tell her.

"I know. It was hard when I lost my brother. Took me quite a while to see he's still with me."

"But I feel like I'm empty. Like no one is there."

"You're wrong. Everyone you lost is watching over you this very moment. Make sure you're safe." She said as I process her words. Clementine speaks again. "Go downstairs. Get some sleep. You need it."

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Just outside, Mikey stared at the various constellations of stars in the sky, deciding which one is the Pegasus, Orion's belt, the Big Dipper; that one was easy. He held his nunchucks tightly in his lap, sweat rubbing up against the handles. The youngest brother thinks through the argument he and Raphael had-- those hurtful words.

He sat on top of a building's roof, doing what he would be back home in New York. Just sitting on this structure made him feel like the world was somewhat normal to him again. Mikey opens his hands to see the decorated handles of his weapons, a Japanese symbol meaning 'family' made him sigh deeply. "Dad." He starts, looking up t the night sky. "I'm sure you're busy with a ton of other things... I don't know what to do." Mikey shook his head. "Is there something we're missing? If only you were here... You would know what to do." His young mind asked questions like if nature should take its course and go with the flow or speak to Leo about organizing better. "Leo is doing his best to keep us safe. He's become a great leader." Mikey smiled at the speckled sky. "But what we need is a miracle, some sort of guidance. We...we need you all back." Mikey's voice went from a normal tone to a quiet, and sad one.