12 || "𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖"

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚗:
𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

The day had gone by so, so fast. In the afternoon, a few of us except for me went out to scavenge whatever food or supplies were left in this town. Now that the sun had gone down to end another day, I was scrolling through dozens of files on this watch. Donnie had a lot of... Of videos on here. Why are they stored on April's watch?

One of his videos was titled "If I'm Gone Tomorrow."

I pressed on it with my thumb and a hologram of his face filled my vision. He started talking with a very stressful expression on his face.

...

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝
𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝚗𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

"This is Donatello signing in to a new video update and today is just a normal day. The same old routine we're going through..." He leans back in his seat. "I did get to observe the dead people that wander around here-- they're incredible but very dangerous." Donnie nodded. "The reason why I'm making this video is that there will be a day I won't be here. Maybe I got separated from my family, captured, sick, or killed. I don't want my brothers and Splinter to feel like they are useless because I'm not there."

Donatello inhaled and buried his face into his palms, he breathes out heavily. A pair of hazel eyes look into the camera. "If I'm gone tomorrow, remember; I'm there beside you no matter how I went down. Keep fighting, stay safe, do not let my absence affect you in a way that may get you killed as well. Please, be strong for me and for yourself. I love my family and those we will lose if we ever get out of here."

Once Donnie wraps up a video that is supposed to be recorded for two minutes or more, he felt like he announced a one-hour-long speech to the world. He liked the confidence he carried until it sheds off like snakeskin.

"This is Donatello signing off."

His posture in the chair flashed into a darkened screen. The silence emerged from the shadows to ease our spirits and lie heads on worn our pillows.

Tomorrow is a new day.

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢
𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

Today is a new day. A brand new one and we're all hoping to start fresh and have a clear mind of what may happen later in the day. Leo wanted to give scavenging one last shot before moving on to a new location.

I volunteered to go scavenge with someone new; that was Vv. Yes, even when I still had many suspicions of them.

Clementine pulled me aside just minutes before I walked to the door where Vv waited. Clementine toned her volume down, and she and her nose up with mine to make sure I was listening to her. "Here," She says, pushing a gun into my hands. "Leo wanted me to give you this. Be careful."

I nodded. "Thanks," I reply, placing the gun on my lower back as the waistline of my clothing held it in place. Facing the door, Leo stood behind Vv. She had her gear in her pack and a mean look to pose she's a dangerous person when it comes to protecting herself.

"Ready?" Leo asked, laying his hand on the cold glass door.

"If she's ready, I am, too," I say.

"I am," Vv said roughly while shoving the door away to enter the outside. I sighed and glanced at Leo. His eyes stare into mine, wondering if I had anything else to say like second thoughts. I say nothing and walk beside the new girl in our group.