15 || 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

If Leonardo were to pass away, I don't know what I would do. Once his eyes closed, that's when I realized that I'm still nothing but a kid. A grown kid because he's led me, Mikey, and Donnie for a long time. And if I took his place... for a fact, I know I won't do a good job. I feel like if I were to become the leader, I would lead no one to safety, only danger.

It was like yesterday when the four of us were tots playing in the lair with our training weapons. We were only five years old when we became young independent ninjas. I always thought Splinter loved Leo more than the rest of us because he is the older brother. But that was never the case.

As I thought about my older brother and who he is as a leader, I turn my gaze to him wrapped up in blankets, surrounded by Criss, Mikey, Regan, and Casey. Leo was so close to taking his last breath last night.

If he did die, what good will I do?

I'm not suitable to lead my family. There is no way that I can do that. Even if I were to carry the torch of leadership, how will I take care of Kristen, my baby, and my future?

I've been doing so many breathing exercises and they are not working to keep me calm. All I want is for Leo to open his eyes so he can somehow show us that he will be okay. As I focus on Leo and turn to Kristen, she was gesturing for me to come and sit next to her on the floor for a few minutes.

"Raph." She said, putting her hand out for me to take. I came next to her, sitting close. All she does is take my hand and gently placed it on her abdomen. "Here, look," Kristen says. "Feel that?"

I'm assuming that the baby is moving, but my hand couldn't feel the slightest movement. Disappointed that I couldn't feel the baby, I say, "I don't feel anything, Kristen." I told her. My girlfriend suddenly looked very sad. "I'm sorry. I wish I did."

"It's okay," Kri told me as I pulled my hand away.

Then, Osa tapped my shoulder, I guess she saw that I was looking pretty tense earlier. "Go take a breather." She gestured to the front door.

"I'm alright, Osa." I stopped and see Leo on the couch, getting attention from Mikey. "A little shaken from last night." I paused. "Hey, are we low on food?" I asked her.

Osa shrugged. "We're down to our last can of pears."

"Give it to Kri," I said to the shifter. "I'm gonna go hunt for a deer or something."

"Want me to come with you?"

"No, no."

"Someone has to go," Osa said.

"I will." It was Vv. The girl who is partnered up with Duke, her boyfriend. Just to put this out there, they did cause me to worry a ton and I was angered when they came around, but so far, they have been a good couple to the group. Although, there are times when I don't feel comfortable with them. "Bow and arrows are quieter than a gun."

"Patience can go along, too. Raph, you'll have twice the protection." Says Kristen, covering herself up with a blanket.

"Fine by me. I'll keep Kristen company." Osa says, sitting right next to her.

I felt a lot better now that things were being taken care of here. Criss needed to be supported until Leo woke up, and Kristen's body changes every week. At least they're getting the attention they needed.

****

I think it's a good idea to have silent killers with me. Patience is a great shot, and Vv-- I'm not sure yet.