23 || 𝐉𝐀𝐖 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏

𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Finally, we are clear from those idiots back in the town. Now, three of us are injured. I had the idea of climbing in the back of the truck with Mikey and Regan so we could take care of ourselves. My boyfriend, Duke drove at an average speed, getting us far from the area.

Michelangelo tended to my thigh with some first aid alcohol. He told me that the bullet didn't go all the way through and that meant it was time to bite down on something so he could remove the fragments of the bullet. "Man, it didn't go through. Y'might wanna bite down on something." He told me.

"Great..." I say, biting down on a piece of my shirt as he dug through his pack for a few surgical tools. Then, he found the correct utensil to pull out the bullet fragments. As soon as Mikey dug into my bullet wound, I did my best not to squirm, but I sure did make a lot of noise. It's a good thing the truck is moving...well, not really. If Mikey didn't grab the fragments correctly, he'd be damaging my muscle tissues... So, I had Duke slow the truck. "OW!"

"I'm sorry, I know!" Mikey says. "I'm no doctor, but they have to come out."

"I'm aware, Mikey!" I groaned, pinning myself against the cab of the truck. But after a few minutes of grunting and groaning at Mikey, I breathed out deeply, seeing he is prepping bandages for me. Then, I asked him a question. "Where did you learn how to do this?" I wipe the sweat from my forehead.

Mikey smirked when I asked him this. "I watched Leo do this. I got shot in my arm a few months back and he took out the fragments." Michelangelo pointed to the old gunshot wound-- it's a faint scar on his shoulder. "It hurt pretty bad."

Regan agreed, holding pressure on her fresh dog bite wound. "You'd be amazed what injuries we went through, Vv."

"Like what?" I looked back at Mikey.

"Mikey was shot, Osa lost her leg, Kristen went through hell in the past with her pregnancy, and now Leo's missing an arm." The mutant turtle replied.

After Mikey wrapped up my wound and stitched me up, he moved on to Regan's shredded forearm. As he cared for her, my eyes look at the road that my boyfriend drove on. We soon stopped in front of a large sign that had a creepy-looking crow perching on top of it. Duke steps on the breaks easily and rolls down his window.

"Willow's Mall and Centre Town," I said, reading the words. "We ain't going back to the town. No way. Infected are probably still there."

Michelangelo didn't hesitate. He spoke to Duke from the back of the truck while he was still tending to Regan's arm. "Take Willow's Mall, Duke,"

Duke listens, taking a left turn. Leaning back, I take in a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

****

𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Kristen isn't looking so good. I'm shocked that she even made it to the seven-month mark. All I want for her and my family is a roof over our heads again-- a home that she and everyone else deserve. I feel like this is my fault. If Kristen and I hadn't-- if we didn't mess around that day, she never would have gotten pregnant and she never would have grown weak. It's too late and I am trying to prepare myself for the possibility of her death, but no one can be prepared for death.

Thinking to one of my closest friends, Osa has been gone for a while. I'm actually hoping she comes back. To be honest, I'm not sure if she actually left or if she went for a walk and will be back later. I would go out there to locate her, but I can't bear to leave Kristen right now. "Faith?" I said. She brought her head up from the blanket that she was laying on. "Go get her."